How old?

Disneylover79

<font color=darkorchid>I'm a cheap date!<br><font
I just booked an overnight trip for Mother's Day weekend. My son will be 4 months when we go. I have been told I am crazy for taking him so young because of all the germs. So how old were your children/were you the first time at Disney?

I took my kids to Disney at 4 and 6.

HOWEVER, my children did go on trips elsewhere with us as young as 8 weeks and 10 weeks respectively.

My kids were 5 and 9 our first trip. I would not feel comfortable taking an infant that young to a germ cesspool like Disney.

i see nothing wrong with what you are doing.
you do what you want.
its your child and nobody else's.

i was in the womb when i first went.
after that time though i did not go until i was 2.5yrs old.
my one sister was 11 months when she first went.
my one niece was 7 months.

My kids were 3 and 6 our first cruise, but like others we did different trips from the ages of 2 months old, and I never blinked an eye.

If there were other factors (illness or such already), maybe that would change my decision, but I wouldn't live my life in fear of what could happen... I hope you have a terrific trip and Mother's Day!

I wouldn't worry that much about germs. 4 Months is pretty young for your son to really enjoy anything, but as long as you enjoy the time spent there together then don't worry about it.

We started traveling with our children when they were a couple of months old. Probably the easiest age to travel with kids. Easy to feed, they sleep pretty much anywhere, and they're easy to transport ( you can wear them instead of picking up and carrying. As for germs, as long as YOU practice good personal hygiene (diligent hand washing before handling the baby) I don't think its any more of an issue than when you take the baby to any public place at home.

My kids were both under 2 for Disney. However, as pp said, they were out and about in public within a week or so (well, first kid was...2nd kid was a NICU baby who was not out of the hospital until he was 2 weeks old...and was promptly carted around ;) ).

That is the easiest age to travel with kids, IMO!

I just booked an overnight trip for Mother's Day weekend. My son will be 4 months when we go. I have been told I am crazy for taking him so young because of all the germs. So how old were your children/were you the first time at Disney?

Hospitals where most babies are born are brimming with all kinds of germs...lol. Don't worry about germs, he's 4 months old and likely not goingto be touching handrails, door knobs and all the things an older child would touch. You'll be fine. Enjoy.

My 2nd DD was 3 weeks old on her first trip. As someone else mentioned - easy to transport in the snugli carrier, easy to feed (I loved the nursing rooms in the baby care centers) and we were very relaxed. She wasn't touching things and I made sure I washed up well so I didn't expose her to something. We had a really nice time!!

I wouldn't worry about germs. Go and have fun.

My kids were almost 2 and almost 5. DGD was 16 months

Germs would not be on my worry radar. As long as you don't have a fussy baby go and enjoy your trip. The only deal breaker would be if the baby were colicky or had a health issue, which I am guessing is not a problem. I traveled with all my kids when they were infants. They traveled better then than they do now at 11+ 8-).

4mos, 6mos & 5mos. I wouldn't worry about germs at all. Taking them as babies was easier than taking them as toddlers.

4mos, 6mos & 5mos. I wouldn't worry about germs at all. Taking them as babies was easier than taking them as toddlers.

Agreed! We took our youngest at 10 mo and it was easy. We took her again at 2.5 and that was a lot more challenging.

Op, have a great trip! Disney is very baby friendly, the baby care centers are great.

My kids were 6 and 9 during their first Disney trip. But they were to other places much younger, but probably not before 2 years old. <<I>> didn't want to deal with taking an infant or toddler on a trip somewhere.

6 & 11 first time to WDW.

4 for each on their first vacation anywhere.

My youngest was 5 months on his first trip. He was much easier than my other two, who were 7 and 5 on that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter