• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How screwed am I?

So we ordered tickets through Shades of Green. We don't hear anything for awhile and then we call and they tell us they're behind on ticket requests. Our FP reservation date is next week and I'm pretty sure they won't arrive in time. How screwed am I in terms of getting good FPs (FOP ,7 Dwarfs)? I've ridden both of these but my sister hasn't so I'd really like to get them for her. We're staying onsite, so we're able to book 60 days out.

You are not screwed...you will just have to put in a little more time and be more open in your options. And also just remember that if you don't get FPs for those rides, you are still in the most magical place on Earth and make the most out of it. Your sister doesn't know what she is missing and will enjoy all the other attractions.

Worst case scenario- you can try rope drop or closing time of course, but you can keep checking MDE to find these FPs. People change plans and drop FPs, but now with virus concerns even more people are going to be adjusting plans and dropping FPs. Make a temporary habit of modifying your FPs to look for better ones until you find them.

Goodluck, hope tickets come within a couple days :) That would be easiest!

I don't think you're in too much trouble.

1) They might come sooner than you think. :wizard:
2) I expect a lot of people are holding off on booking because of the health scare. :(
3) You don't have to have a FP+ to ride. If there are one or two you can't get, you can always plan to wait in line for those.

So we ordered tickets through Shades of Green. We don't hear anything for awhile and then we call and they tell us they're behind on ticket requests. Our FP reservation date is next week and I'm pretty sure they won't arrive in time. How screwed am I in terms of getting good FPs (FOP ,7 Dwarfs)? I've ridden both of these but my sister hasn't so I'd really like to get them for her. We're staying onsite, so we're able to book 60 days out.

If it makes you feel better, on our May thread several of us had FP Day today and reported really good availability, wide open times. I got 7DMT on our arrival day at 1pm, a Saturday. Hopefully you will get your tickets in time but even if you don't, hope is not lost if this trend continues.

Can you do a Disney package with tickets and then cancel tickets later when you attach your shades tickets?

Not sure maybe thats an option if someone knows?

Keep looking. We were originally shut out but found a later FP for it on April 23rd. In the last week I've been able to change it twice and get it up to 12:30 pm.
^ This person was trying for the new MMRR ride.

I think we're going to see a bit better FP availability at least into the near future. The backlash of virus talk has hit the FP world.

I don't think you are screwed. Like you said in the other thread, you will call tomorrow and hopefully they will help you out. If not, then you will have to watch the WDW app.

I booked a trip with less than 30 days notice staying onsite the summer Pandora opened, and scored FP+ for party of 3 for FOP. You can get them!! If by some chance SOG doesn't pull through, just stalk the app. (They tend to appear out of no where a few weeks before your trip. Just keep logging on when you get any free moments in your day.)

And once they call and verify CC information, the tickets come rather quickly. I received mine day 2 of shipment, but I had to wait over the weekend so that was the rough part. If you talk to them in the next few days you should be ok.

This happened to us a few months ago! Had to make our fast passes 4 days after our window opened up We got everything we wanted except FoP and MF. We will try rope drop for those. Mind you we are going Easter week.

We booked a trip about a month out and actually did pretty good on fast passes. We didn’t get slinky dog (and didn’t go to AK so FOP wasn’t an issue). I Was able to get slinky day of as a 4th so it wasn’t an issue. Got everything we wanted - just not as perfect of times but that didn’t matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter