• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Sold Out is VWL ?

DVCDAVE

I was just wondering if any of our new neighbors got word from their Guide, just how for along is VWL in being sold out ? It seems to be the fastest selling, but then again it is smaller than BWV and OKW. Are they still looking at a year end sell out ?

Second Question, I remember RICHYAMS thought that we would be hearing soon as to what the next DVC resort would be.....any word from any DVC guide in that area. I am anxoius to hear somthing ! The suspense is awful !

I went to the member's update meeting last week at OKW. They were predicting VWL will sell out sometime in the Fall of this year, maybe November at the latest.

As to the next resort, they will not comment on anything past the Beach Club Villas which still are officially only going to open Fall of 2002. (Rumors of course have them trying to push that date ahead, but nothing official that anyone will talk about).

Outside of that, no one will say anything about any future resorts after BCV's.

The longer it takes, the more pessimistic I get.

They will take more than two years to build the resort, more if its a stand alone somewhere.....unless its already started and they just haven't announced it. If they announce today, it could be ready for sale sometime after the fall of '03. BCV may take over a year to sell, it is larger than VWL and could be much more expensive than VWL ever was both in $ per point and points per night.

I really think they need to have two for sale at once. I think that having OKW and BWV for sale at the same time was bad for them somehow. I can't think of any other reason for stringing these resorts out like this.

At the Member's Update Meeting at OKW on Tuesday, May 15 the sales CM told us the Villas at Wilderness Lodge began selling in November 2000 & are expected to be sold out by the beginning of October. She added that the Beach Club Villas were expected to start sellingin the fall of 2002. She said Floriday requires a certificate of occupancy before sales can begin.

Gosh. Maybe they should consider selling the V@WL off as "DVC lite". :)

Just to clarify, apparently FL does require a Certificate of occupancy to close but they can do presales if they want. They can take deposits and get signed contracts then do the final closing when the property is ready. In the past, DVC has chosen not to do presells, it was a conscious decision, don't let them blame that one of the state.

I just hung up the phone w/ my guide. He stated that WVL will be sold out no later than Labor Day. With the price increase etc. that was his prediction. He has no reason to tell me Labor Day to push me into buying, because I just did an add on at WVL.
Just thought that I would tell you what I heard. :p

I also heard predicted September sell-out for VWL and then that's when BCV pre-sales will begin.

Just one guide's opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter