How soon should I order tickets?

Disneylovers

DIS Veteran
This will be our first trip out west, and I'm really feeling very unprepared. If we were going to WDW, I'd be totally on top of things. So I come to the experts for advise.

We are coming to Anaheim for a figure skating competition July 25th through 30th. We're staying at the CCI (not a sponsor hotel for the competition, but a heck of a lot closer to DL!). We don't know for sure the days our two DDs are competing, or what their times are, so we're not sure how many days we'll actually be going to the parks (and I also have to convince DH that going to the park - especially if it's after 4 p.m. is worth burning a day on a pass) so I don't know yet how many days I need on a park hopper pass. I did get the hours from the DL web site, and was surprised that DL is open until midnight!! Is this normal for summer, or is it because of the anniversary 7/17?

So, if I go through where ever it is from the boards (sorry, I don't know who it is, I didn't go to the "order" page, I was just checking prices of the multi day passes) how far in advance should I order them? I do have a AAA membership, and could go through the office here in town, but I think the prices I saw here on the boards was cheaper.

Thank you for any help you can offer. I've learned a lot already here (like the fact there's no Starbucks nearby for my older DD - so since we'll have a car, we'll be scoping out a grocery store to load her up - but that's another post for next month). Thanks you guys :wave:

Pat

During the summer Disneyland stays open until midnight and opens at 8 am. It has nothing to do with the anniversary. A few years ago they stayed open until 1 am, I'm not sure why they changed it. As for the tickets, you should probably find out exactly what days you're going. Most park hoppers expire 13 days after the first use. So unless you're booking a vacation package it's probably best to wait until it gets closer to your trip to buy them. You also have the option of purchasing park tickets at your hotel. Most hotels do sell them. This is about all I can tell you, hopefully some other people will be able to answer your question more clearly. :flower:

Disneylovers said:
Thank you for any help you can offer. I've learned a lot already here (like the fact there's no Starbucks nearby for my older DD - so since we'll have a car, we'll be scoping out a grocery store to load her up - but that's another post for next month). Thanks you guys :wave:

Pat

Just a quick little tip:
Check out your local Starbucks before you leave. If they don't carry the individual coffee packets that work with hotel coffee makers, the manager will order some for you! I think they come in a pack of 6. We brought them to WDW when we stayed at The Animal Kingdom Lodge, and it was pure heaven having Starbucks every morning!

jiminy579 said:
Just a quick little tip:
Check out your local Starbucks before you leave. If they don't carry the individual coffee packets that work with hotel coffee makers, the manager will order some for you! I think they come in a pack of 6. We brought them to WDW when we stayed at The Animal Kingdom Lodge, and it was pure heaven having Starbucks every morning!
Thanks, but she needs her frappachinos, which, glass bottles, don't get packed. DH and I prefer Gloria Jeans, (I grind my own flavored coffee and pack it with little filters). But thanks for the tip! :wave:

We drove off campus everyday to get Starbucks. I can't remember the roads names but there was also a Togo's and a Panda Express it was about 1.5 miles or so. Maybe someone local will be able to tell you exactly. :wave2:

A little late for a response but I booked a package through AAA and just got a three day pass. They checked and told me I could upgrade the pass as my plans firm up, which works out well as I am also taking my daughter to the ISI Worlds and am having similar issues figuring out when to go to the parks.

Although it is a bit easier for me since my wife decided to stay home with my son who is really enjoying his day camp this summer (she admittedly gets too frazzled by competitions and Disney anyway). So I think of it as half-price! Plus at least with the packages it is not that much more expensive to add additional days to the park hopper (I think $40 for both of us for a four day, but then only $20 for each additional day after that).

Art

Since the girls got their skate times last week, (did you get your daughter's time(s)?)we know our Tuesday is shot, and Wednesday morning too. So, we're going with the four day hoppers, directly from Disney which I ordered online Sunday night. I am a AAA member, but I booked our hotel (CCI) back in February, so I didn't need AAA to help with that, or the air (SW out of Midway).

Yes, we did get our times and she is on Tuesday and Thursday, but both pretty early in the day so we may go into the parks for shows and the like in the afternoons. She's deciding whether to go to the parade and following activities from Anaheim city hall to the Disney ICE rink on Wednesday. Are you doing that? Sounds like it could be fun but she is the only person going to the Worlds from her team so not sure how that will work out.

She is also trying to decide whether she would rather go to the benefit Friday night or spend more time in the parks. Having never been to any significant competition before I am inclined to just try everything out but am leaving it up to her.

I used AAA because they have some perks if you book the package with them that I think will be useful. Seemed to be at or about the same price if I had done it separately. For WDW I have always made my own plans but it seems like now the packages are getting more attractive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter