How specific can your cabin request be?

wrighter

DIS Veteran
Just wondering - when the day comes when we can make that first-ever cruise reservation, how specific can our cabin request be? Are we only able to book a certain category? Or could we request an actual deck? Foreward or aft? Other specifics that I'm not yet aware of? :-)

You can request a specific room....as long as there's availability, they'll let you get as specific as you want. :)

When we cruised the first time, we just requested the deck and area. When we cruised the second time we knew we liked that stateroom, so we requested that exact same stateroom.

When we cruised the first time, we just requested the deck and area. When we cruised the second time we knew we liked that stateroom, so we requested that exact same stateroom.
Ditto! We enjoyed our outside PH rooms that we wanted the same connecting staterooms. All of us know where our room is and don't have to re-teach the kids (and us) where the room is.:)

The only time you can't request a specific room is when you book a guaranty, or "GTY." This happens when a specific category sold out, but Disney will sell a certain number of them at guaranty status knowing that some people will cancel. When this happens, you don't get a specific stateroom right away - you are guaranteed a stateroom in your category OR BETTER. So sometimes you can get a nice upgrade, but you have to be prepared to have a room anywhere on the ship.

Myself and extended family just booked 4 inside staterooms cat 11b and where able to request specific rooms.

As long as you book early enough (and that depends on how quickly the cruise books up) you get to pick your exact stateroom from a list of available ones. If you wait too long, some or all of the room categories will be in GTY status, meaning that you can only choose which category, but nothing else.

Choosing my family's stateroom is important to me since I want to be mid-ship (since there is less rocking there). For some people, the exact room # means very little to them -- just depends on what you want/need.

Hope this helps. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter