How strict is the Yachtsmans dress code?

nicko

Mouseketeer
I wasn't aware that Yachtsmans has a dress code. Sadly I only packed lots of Disney T shirts and cargo shorts. Is the posted dress code real? Will I feel out of place?

Thanks .

You'll be ok, there will be others in cargo shorts and t-shirts there. The problems with clothing come when there's ripped clothing, offensive language or graphics. They don't generally turn folks away unless there's an extreme issue. If you're really concerned, you could buy a nicer shirt at one of the shops.

I just read a trip report from someone who dined at Yachtsman and from the picture posted, you will be fine in a t-shirt and cargo shorts. I took note because I am interested in dining there and don't want to have to change into "fancy" clothes while at Disney.

Agreed.

We saw a couple there not long ago, him in jean shorts with a t-shirt and her in midriff-baring tank and short shorts.

The guy wore a baseball cap the entire time.

Disney's too desperate in general to turn away much of anything currently that isn't significantly inappropriate, IMO.

Ordinarily, the bulk of the guests in resort-based Signatures tend to adhere at least reasonably closely to the spirit if not the letter of the dress code. You won't be turned away, but you might well feel out of place in a t-shirt and cargo shorts. I know I would.

It's a bit distressing to us seeing such obvious dress code violations permitted in the Sigs.

We're peculiar, though. After a tiring day in the parks, we enjoy getting clean and dressy. DH puts on a short sleeve sport or dress shirt with slacks and often a bowtie, occasionally a suit. Me, dressy pantsuit or a nice dress, churchgoing type.

We feel we get more attentive service when we've clearly made more than a slight effort. Maybe that's no more than our too-high regard for ourselves, but CMs seem to appreciate our doing so.

We dined at Yachtsman on NYE this past December. We were dressed up for dinner, as we always do, when we dine at any Signature restaurant, however, there were definitely others in park attire.

It's a bit distressing to us seeing such obvious dress code violations permitted in the Sigs.

We're peculiar, though. After a tiring day in the parks, we enjoy getting clean and dressy. DH puts on a short sleeve sport or dress shirt with slacks and often a bowtie, occasionally a suit. Me, dressy pantsuit or a nice dress, churchgoing type.

We feel we get more attentive service when we've clearly made more than a slight effort. Maybe that's no more than our too-high regard for ourselves, but CMs seem to appreciate our doing so.

I don’t particularly care what anyone else does in a bubble world like Disney but I do agree there is something nice to us about going back to the hotel refreshing and dressing one notch up for a nice dinner.

Thanks for all the helpful replies. We decided to switch to Steakhouse 71 instead. I don't want to be "that guy" at Yachtsmans.

I suppose I can now join the "Steakhouse 71 or Yachtmans" thread.

as long as you dont wear flip flops, ripped up shorts or a bathing suit you would have been fine there also T shirts with obscene bad language is not accepted

I don’t particularly care what anyone else does in a bubble world like Disney but I do agree there is something nice to us about going back to the hotel refreshing and dressing one notch up for a nice dinner.

I find myself caring some about dining in the Sigs with people who appear to be trying to push the attire envelope.

As noted above, "resort casual" simply means dressier than clothes you'd reasonably wear to a lakeside picnic, a sports event or going out to trim trees.

To me, eating in an upscale restaurant means you dress up at least a little more than park going clothes.

As ever, YMMV.

Not my business what other people wear. I am there for the food not to critique the fashion sense of other guests. :)

I agree. If anyone wants to dress up and expect same the signature restaurant is not for them especially in-park. V and A for sure dress up (if it ever opens again). That said my "Don't Judge" Heihei T shirt passed muster at Topolino's last month.

I think they just want to avoid offensive attire for their billion dollar meals.

No restaurant on property has a strict dress code besides Victoria and Alberts. Many of the nicer restaurants will have a range of people dressed up to park attire.

Other than trying to walk into a Signature wearing a bathing suit, I don't think I've ever seen anyone turned away.
Unless, its in a park, when we dine at a Signature restaurant, we will dress up at least to khakis and a polo shirt. However, you will see many in park attire.

You probably won’t be turned away but it’s rude and tacky to not follow mandatory dress codes. There are plenty of nearby restaurants where you can wear almost anything.
Considering there is no mandatory dress code outside of V&A it's neither rude nor tacky
It is however both rude and tacky to judge others

Considering there is no mandatory dress code outside of V&A
Yes there is.

"Guests are asked to adhere to the minimum dress code requirements at this Signature Dining experience. Dressier attire is also welcome. Please explore the minimum dress code requirements:

Men must wear khakis, slacks or dress shorts and collared shirts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition. Sport coats are optional.

Women must wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses or dress shorts. Jeans may be worn if in good condition.

Not permitted are tank tops, flip-flops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter