How to Apply and Cost???

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
My son is a senior in hs right now. Once he has college credit, how does he apply and what is the cost? This is something he is very interested in, and I'm so happy to have found this forum. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated!!!
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next up POFQ March 2014

The information is on http://www.disneycollegeprogram.com

I would suggest looking over the site for yourself, but I'd also suggest "making" your son do a lot of the research on his own. Make him aware of the resources, but let him do the work. This will help him be better prepared to make an informed decision, and it also has the bonus effect of making sure he's aware that his parents are supportive, but are not going to do everything for him, which is always a good life lesson to reinforce.

He actually did do that. But, he couldn't find anything on cost or how to apply. Can you lend a hand, and give us some answers...It would truly be appreciated. Thanks.

There is a tab that says apply now on the website. As for cost, the Program Assessment fee and Housing fee for your time there before working is 300 dollars. This can be found under the Program components tab in the category of living and then select fees. All of the information for applying can be found on this website, if you click around and read things!

Thank you HFBelle. That's all I needed. My son has a minor learning disability, and sometimes it's difficult for him to get all the facts. I appreciate your time.:banana:

My daughter was accepted to the program for Spring Advantage 2014. She will be working in Quick Service Food & Beverage from Jan 20-Aug 8. She is a sophomore in college and this was her 2nd time applying. She applied freshman year and did not get in.

The initial cost is $300 which is non refundable once you are offered the position and you accept, you have 10 days to pay it. Some of it goes to your first 2 weeks rent. Once there, the CP's pay rent on a weekly basis (taken out of their paycheck) of approx $100 a week (depending on which apartment they are in). Each apartment has basic amenities and the roomates are responsible for their own food, cleaning supplies, etc...

Hope this helps and good luck to your son when he applies:)

-Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter