• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to combat jet lag when you have layovers

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

To maintain some privacy we are flying from a smaller airport on the east coast and found it cheaper to layover on our way to SNA and on our way back from SNA. One layover is in Detroit and the other is in Chicago.

How do you combat jet lag to California and I have traveled to Europe so I know in the way home to get some sleep but with the layover I’m wondering how that changes things.

Thank you,
BH5

I think you'll get it more on your way back. You're three hours ahead of us, so I'd say to go to be early and get a good night's rest before the next day. I usually doze (well, I can actually sleep) on the flight, so recommend you travel in comfortable clothes and take a pillow on the plane. I have a feather pillow I can roll in my backpack and it's great for rolling and settling at my neck so my head doesn't roll. (I also usually get the window seat so I can sleep against the the plane wall.)

Safe travels!

I think you'll get it more on your way back. You're three hours ahead of us, so I'd say to go to be early and get a good night's rest before the next day. I usually doze (well, I can actually sleep) on the flight, so recommend you travel in comfortable clothes and take a pillow on the plane. I have a feather pillow I can roll in my backpack and it's great for rolling and settling at my neck so my head doesn't roll. (I also usually get the window seat so I can sleep against the the plane wall.)

Safe travels!
I would be so lost without my neck pillow! I actually forgot it when we went to Orlando last year! My neck was not happy with me!

I usually can doze off on planes, and we have an early flight so I know I’ll be dozing off lol!

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter