how to convince my boyyfriend to go to wdw

Kelly'sLove

Earning My Ears
How can I convince my boyfriend to go back to WDW. We went there on our last vacation on Dec 2001. He would rather go to Cancun or someplace like that. I go with him to about 4 tattoo conventions a year, doing something that he likes. Do you think it would be selfish of me to make him go back to WDW even though we just went there a year or so ago. We are 27 and 29 years old.

Well, my fiancee and I are both 26 and we both love WDW, so its never an argument when she wants to go. However, being a guy I can try to give you some helpful tips to convince him.

1) Break out the old photos/video from your previous trip to remind him of all the fun you had last time. Also, go during a different season.

2) Find out what's new and talk it up like its a MUST SEE attraction. I'm not sure when MISSION:SPACE opens, but with a simulated space environment within the attraction, it sounds like a MUST SEE to me!

3) Show him all the great and eclectic restuarants that are in WDW. Just thinking about Portobello Yacht Club or the California Grille makes me want to get down there. "The quickest way to a man's heart is thru his stomach."

4) Finally, find out if there is anything specific that he would like to try when you two are down there. For example, Richard Petty Nascar Driving Experience or Surfing School at Typhoon Lagoon.

Oh, one last thing! If he wants to go to Cancun, just tell him to go see "The Real Cancun" movie coming to theaters next weekend!

Hi Kelly, welcome to the DIS. I'm really glad you decided to join us.

There is some information about the Richard Petty Driving experience right <b>HERE</b>. I think you could use that to encourage your boyfriend to go back with you to WDW.

I sort of like Rick's idea best. My husband is severely Disney impaired so all of my trips are solo.

I think that if I was trying to convince my boyfriend or husband to go back with me to WDW again, I would probably remark, often, about how <i>romantic</i> the atmosphere at WDW is...yes, that's what I would do, just explain how romantic you find the parks and the resorts, because, personally, I find WDW to be very romantic. Nothing better than strolling along the beach at the Polynesian after dark, or stealing a few kisses in the rose garden at the Magic Kingdom, watching Illuminations together at EPCOT, dancing the night away at Pleasure Island, having drinks and singing along at Jelly Rolls on the Boardwalk....darn it, now I want to convince my dh to go with me again ;)

Good luck with this. I hope you can convince him to go back again, but if all else fails, go solo. It is <b>so</b> much fun to visit WDW solo.

Katholyn

Hi Kelly's love!

I love all the answers here:)

Solo sounds like an option if he just will not go -- and trust me WDW is no fun with grumpy along --been there, done that, no way will I do it again!

Loved the suggestion of trying to find one super thing for him to do

And the romance angle had crossed my mind too

I love to try and negoiate -- can you trade him one no complaints tatoo shows for a trip to WDW!

Keep on trying!

(I know how you'r feeling, I just booked our trip yesterday-- he won't go anywhere BUT WDW, but convincing him to go since we were just there a couple of months ago...thats a tough one!)

My BF loves it so much there, but hates to part with his $$... so I suggest staying at a less expensive hotel but he won't go unless we stay at a deluxe...such a spoiled brat...all I really have to do is break out the old photo albums & he gets all mushy & hands over his credit card & tells me to call & book it tomorrow! Works like a charm..although I have to admit after using this method 4 times in the last 3 years he's starting to see through it & won't let me open up the pictures cause he knows his weakness!

How about this for your boy....he wants cancuun, the sun, the relaxation... you want WDW- what about a land & sea package with the Disney cruise line? a 3 or 4 day cruise to the bahamas, you get the sun the relaxation but still the Disney expirience! & you can spend a couple of days at wdw before or after your cruise so you BOTH get your fixes! Good luck & have fun.

Ooooh! Good one Princess! I like this idea. I have experienced the 7 day western caribbean Disney cruise and it was just amazing.

I like this idea. Okay, I'm off to try to convince my Disney impaired husband to do this :teeth:

I would do the cruise but my boyfriend is a late sleeper by the time he gets up a good portion of the day would be gone. I think I might have found a way to convince him I told him if he chooses the vacation he would have to pay and if I choose the vacation I would pay. Guess which one do you think he would choose.

Plan your trip, tell him you're going and you'd like him to go with you, but if he chooses not to go, you're still going without him.

Disney Doll has just said it perfectly..........

Never drag someone down to Disney if they do not wish to go. You will find yourself dragging them all over the world and finding yourself getting upset.

Send him a post card and buy him a shirt.....he'll never let you go solo again. lol

I am in the same boat. DH and I went last September and I want to go once more before we start trying to have kids (within the next 12-14 months) .

He really enjoyed himself and I know he wouldn't be a "grumpy" on another trip. I don't want to go alone (nor would he go for that in the slightest). He doesn't think we can afford another Disney trip. Or, he would prefer we put that money into savings.

His remark to me last week was "If we can find good deals like we did last time, then we can think about it."

So, I signed up for the Disney Visa and I am trying to figure out how to get the best deals. My DH is the kind of person who will buy anything if you tell him it's on sale :D

The best way I've found to let my BF know that we're getting a good deal....Even when we're not;) ... is to say something like(I've used this one before :))....the room is normally $289 (that would be the most expensive time of year) But we can get it for $$ (the price you guys would be paying) This way...if it came down to it I wouldn't be LYING.. I could feign ignorance about the season prices & also the difference in the #'s that I tell him make him feel like he's getting a great deal- not to say that I don't ever flat out lie- like one day I look up airfare & its $150 but I tell him it's $300 & he FLIPS saying thats too much no way bla bla bla then in 2 days or so I tell him that it's only $150 now & he thinks he's the smartest guy alive for waiting & what would I do with out him....works like a CHARM!!!:)-- another good tip-- buy annual passes my BF LOVES that we don't have to buy tickets for the parks so he is a lot more likely to say yes- we were there for 2 weeks this past January & he said we couldn't go back this year but when I brought up the fact that we wouldn't have to pay for tickets he said yes!! YAY!! Plus you get really great discount with the APs -- well good luck to all- when I see other couples down there I'll be wondeing which girlfriend/wife we all gave advice to that convinced their guy to go!! [just hope no men read this & find out all of the secrets!!;) ]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter