• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to deal with Disney haters????

Okay, I didn't go search around but I'm sure this isn't the first thread regarding this topic. I keep seeing all over the internet people saying how creepy it is for adults to love Disney and go to the parks every year. I really don't understand why people put me down for liking something? If it makes me happy and doesn't hurt anyone, why do people care so much? People make me feel like I'm crazy for liking Disney. And I'm not even as big of a fanatic as others are! Example- I had my pins out this weekend and was updating my PinPics account and my friend was over and asked what they were, and I told him and all I got was this weird look like I had said something super creepy and pathetic. I have a hard time dealing with people like this. Any advice? Should I just keep my love for Disney a secret? Are there ways to just stop caring what people think? Because I'm not good at that lol.

Why would you keep it a secret? Do you really care what other people think of your love for Disney? If you owe them a response at all (and you don't) - just say 'you know the way you feel about...well, that's Disney for me.'

Also could it be you're a wee bit sensitive, I mean all he did was look at you weirdly??? I mean I've worn outfits that had my hubby questioning my sanity. lol
Did he say any thing derogatory?? Where is the put down??

you ask why do people care?? Why do you care??
look, I have different folks in my life. I have my family and best friends, most of them do not love Disney but they love me. once in a while they will ask why I go back so often. they don't say it negatively or nasty. they simply ask and I answer. at most someone will ask if I find it boring going back to the same place.

acquaintances, coworkers and strangers really don't care.

Well I will admit I can definitely be a little sensitive at times, but I don't think I should be given rude looks just because of my interests. I realize not everyone is going to understand it, and many think its childish, so I guess thats why its upsetting. I do want to add though that this same friend had just finished building a star wars lego set so he didnt really have any room to be judgemental. (But I love legos too soooo)

I agree about trying to ignore the haters but it does hit a nerve every now and then. Now I am getting haters that are getting very political about Disney because of their recent business decisions. This makes it even more difficult.

Haters gonna hate so shake it off!! :)

Weird looks aren't enough to get to me, I give people weird looks all the time and for many reason and I get them in return I am sure!

We love Disney but not many in our family understand it, oh well. We don't make it a point to constantly talk Disney, so it rarely comes up! Our house? Very Disney, but people will often just comment that we really do like Disney! As if we didn't make it obvious! LOL

Not everyone has to love the things I love.

But there's no room in my life for people who try to make me feel badly about my choices. That's not what "friends" do.

We used to go to WDW about once every other year. A former boss of mine questioned me about asking if we never got tired of doing the same thing, why we always go to Disney, etc. I pointed out that HE goes to an "adult" AI in Mexico twice every year. He never said anything after that.

How boring the world would be if we all liked and were interested in the same things, from vacations to food to clothing to tv shows.

I LOVE The Walking Dead; some people don't get it and think it's weird. It's fine with me and doesn't bother me one way or another what they think. I do me, they do them, you do you.

I LOVE unique, artistic clothing with crazy prints. It's not for everyone, but it makes me smile. I might get some side-eye glances from people when I wear some of my own designs, but I really just don't care.

First you need to stop caring what other think of your interests. I am a former pin person I loved going to meets etc, until we had some family stuff interfere.
Own it, you have no need to justify it to anyone.

I used to get teased all the time about my Disney obsession & multiple yearly vacations. But who was the 1st person people came to when the were planning their vacations? Hmmmm let me think - yeah me!! Oh then I had so much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter