how to find a vacation home to buy?

Karrie Davis

Mouseketeer
We have been talking about the possibility of MAYBE buying a vacation home late next. I am not even sure where to go to find a home that is close and in a "rent-able" area. We are only in the maybe stage but where can we go to find out what could be available?

I would contact a buyer's agent; we used one when we purchased our land here. She was very knowledgeable about the area - she's lived her whole life here. The seller pays commission, not you, and a buyer's agent is better than going to an agency like ReMax or Century 21 - those agents work primarily for the sellers, not the buyers. They have dual loyalties, whereas a buyer's agent is not allowed to accept listings. She's 100% for the purchaser.

We loved our agent! She lives very near WDW, so knows all about this part of Orlando. If you'd like her information, PM me - I don't want to post it on here, but she really was fantastic and made the whole experience easy. I'm sure she'd talk to you about the different neighborhoods; for us, she got together a sheet of properties like what we were looking for, so that we had choices. She personalized it, though, so that all of our choices showed acreage and were in a certain area & price range. We did our purchase from long distance, and she made the whole process incredibly easy, even lining up for us a surveyor, environmental engineer, etc.

Cheers!
Heather W

Hello if you want to Pm me I can give you the name of a fantastic agent that found us a property two years ago .She made buying the house a great experience and so easy as we are located in the UK we did not really understand the buying process in the us but she made sure that we understood everything and nothing was to much trouble . We still talk to her once a month and visit her everytime we are in Florida .

I would just make sure that, whoever you use, it's a buyer's agent that doesn't accept real estate listings. Realtors who accept listings, no matter how sweet and personable they may be, are legally obliged to look out for their clients, the sellers, primarily. The exclusive buyers' agents can negotiate you through the entire process, tests, paperwork, photos, comparable properties & sale prices, etc., but are legally obliged to look out for you, not for the sellers at all. So no issues with dual loyalties.

Cheers!
Heather W

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter