• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to find non-stop flights?

BLLB

DIS Veteran
We were/are pretty loyal Southwest fliers. Nearly all non-stops have been eliminated from CLE. Since I have flown them exclusively for 10 years, I have no idea how to find out if any other airline offers non-stops to MCO. Do I just search all airlines at individually at CLE? Plugging in my dates of travel? Is there a website that might be helpful? Thank you.

Have you tried kayak.com? Enter the airports and dates. After you see the results you can look at options on the left side of the screen to narrow the results, including by number of stops. I don’t think Southwest is on there but it sounds like you were looking for other airlines.

Last edited:
We usually use Kayak as well, BUT a lot of airlines aren't included - Southwest being one of them.
Honestly the best thing to do is go to each airlines site and type in your dates and airports. There really aren't that many of them and as we ONLY do non stop flights from LAX I do it this way each time we go to find the right flights for us.
We used to love Southwest but they never have any direct flights anymore to any destinations we go to. I prefer JetBlue but even they don't have times or routes that we like. So now we have to choose between Delta and AA as they always have direct flights to and from where we need to go and get to.

United Airlines flies non-stop out of CLE. I've been a loyal Southwest flier for years but when they pulled out of CAK and quit offering non-stop options to MCO I looked for better options.

I believe Frontier and Spirit also fly non-stop. Spirit also flies non-stop out of Akron Canton (CAK).

Yep we've flown nonstop on Frontier and Spirit out of Cleveland to MCO, just last week in fact.

Either airline was fine, but if I had my pick I'd pick Spirit. I thought the seats were more comfortable.

Thanks everyone! Kayak was the site I was thinking of, I just couldn’t remember.

Yes, I may need to leave Southwest, glad to hear United flies non-stop!

CAK is super convenient, about 15 minutes from our house, just not as many options since Southwest pulled out. I thought it would be ok from CLE, as we had alternated between CAK and CLE several years ago, depending on flight times.

I use Expedia or Orbitz, narrow search to "no stops" and see what shows up. Then I go to the airline's website to book the tickets
If you follow this good advice -- with whatever travel site you like -- you will find many more flight options on the actual airline site...and for the same price.

If you follow this good advice -- with whatever travel site you like -- you will find many more flight options on the actual airline site...and for the same price.

Agreed, I like to look for non-stop and times that will work but eventually make my way to multiple airline sites. SW doesn't have non-stop from ONT to MCO so I weigh the options about whether I want to keep SW or go non-stop out of LAX (no airline has non-stop out of ONT, unfortunately)...well, except if I want to fly to Taipei, Taiwan, then I can get on a China Airlines flight....yeah, I can get this single international flight non-stop, but not domestic :P

We were/are pretty loyal Southwest fliers. Nearly all non-stops have been eliminated from CLE. Since I have flown them exclusively for 10 years, I have no idea how to find out if any other airline offers non-stops to MCO. Do I just search all airlines at individually at CLE? Plugging in my dates of travel? Is there a website that might be helpful? Thank you.

Looks like Frontier, Spirit and United are your options for Nonstop from CLE to MCO.

https://www.clevelandairport.com/flight-information/non-stop-cities/orlando

If you are on the east side of Cleveland, try Pittsburgh airport. They have multiple Southwest direct flights to MCO daily. It takes us an hour to get to Hopkins and two hours to get to Pittsburgh airport.

Last edited:
If you are on the east side of Cleveland, try Pittsburgh airport. They have multiple Southwest direct flights to MCO daily. I takes us an hour to get to Hopkins and two hours to get to Pittsburgh airport.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter