How to: FISH for Lightning Lane Experience Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much! What exactly is a tier? I'm so out of this loop lol. And how do I redeem it?

Thanks so much! What exactly is a tier? I'm so out of this loop lol. And how do I redeem it?
Tiers reference LL attractions that are best for all attractions or the certain attractions.
Top Tiers: valid for all attractions but ILLs and Peter Pan.
Disneyland
- Indiana Jones
- Matterhorn
- Space Mountain
Disney California Adventure
- Toy Story Midway Mania

All other LL attractions cannot be used for the Top Tier attractions, Peter Pan, or ILLs.
So what I like to do is focus on the main 4 Top Tier attractions in the morning. Those LLEPs are like gold if you are able to get it.

Last edited:
You redeem it like you do any other LL. You click on the LL on the home page of the app (see images on prior page of this thread). It will show a bar code for each guest that got the LLEP, scan those at the LL scanner at the ride you are doing (or show to CM if the ride does not normally have a LL). It is a bit tricky to see what rides each LLEP is good for. There are 3 small dots upper right, above the blue Mickey head, on the LLEP on the home page of the app. I think I recall that you click those and then click “more details” on the next screen, and then it shows you all the rides you can and can’t use that LLEP for (and it will be different lists depending on which ride went down to get you the LLEP, as already explained in this thread).

Thank you for this thread @DLRExpert! I’m a Magic Key holder but had not used Genie+ at DLR until the past two days when my sister was in town visiting. We had great success Friday 4/22 when Matterhorn was down for a couple hours at the start of the day. Got three LLEPs while we rope dropped. Lines stayed shorter longer than I expected and more than one CM pointed out it was due to all the queues for the MSEP popcorn buckets and soda sippers. We were about ten minutes away from a potential fourth LLEP when Matterhorn came back up. Yesterday at DCA wasn’t a successful day fishing, but we still got good use out of Genie+. Will certainly be difficult to go back to standby only after this!

We were there Wed afternoon till Friday afternoon, and I kept messing up! Donner, I saw that Matterhorn thing being down for hours, but I mistakenly kept canceling and trying for Indy or whatever. I’d cancel thinking I’d get a golden tier, then that one would come back up just before our return window! Should’ve stuck with Matterhorn all morning!

We got super lucky! Genie+ seemed glitchy that day - TSMM went down right as we were trying to scan in for it, yet it never converted to a LLEP. Yesterday seemed much smoother overall.

I tried on Sunday and couldn't get it to work. Both haunted mansion and indy were down for a while at park opening, but I guess I gave up before either could convert?
I'm not sure we needed the multiexperience passes anyway, because we got to do everything we wanted to do.

I tried on Sunday and couldn't get it to work. Both haunted mansion and indy were down for a while at park opening, but I guess I gave up before either could convert?
I'm not sure we needed the multiexperience passes anyway, because we got to do everything we wanted to do.
The MEPs should be used for...
- Non-LL attractions you don't want to wait Stand By in.
- LL attractions you want to use LL for more than once.
- LL attractions you couldn't get LL for. This is actually the least of importance since it is pretty easy to get LLs for all of attractions as long as you stay at the parks for a reasonable time.

Space Mountain today 5/4, Broke down no MEP right away. Went to Cast Member then Guest Services podium both stated that I had to wait until 1020. I then mentioned that meant I couldn't get another LL and I won't be in the land of the ride came back up. Dumb look on their face happened. They said nothing they can do.

Rise broke down ILL immediately received a MEP.

Need to keep an eye on this possible change.

UPDATE
Spoke with knowledgeable Space Mountain CM. She said that if they think downtime will be short, it will not change right away. If they know it will be an EXTENDED (she used that terminology) down time it will.

Took 40 minutes to come back up. Maybe it took longer to come up than they thought. The CM gave me a MEP anyways with her mobile device.

UPDATE 2
Hyperspace Mountain had a rough day today. The two times I got in line the attraction broke down. And HOLY MOLY was that LL line crazy long (at least 30-45 minutes). I felt really bad for the StandBy. They should really stop the StandBy line entry for 15-30 minutes when there is a huge LL line needs to go through. Better to be told to come back in 30 minutes than stand still in the StandBy while LLs walkthrough.

Last edited:
Helping some friends today 5/7.
Indy and Hyperspace have been down since opening. It is now 910am.
They entered park at 740am, I choose Matterhorn to be closed at opening and lost it was open. Saw that Indy and Hyper were down so switched to Indy and got a LL return time for 905-1005.
9am got my MEP from Indy. Booked Hyper for 1010 as it was still down.
Now Thunder down with quicker LL return time, going to stick with Hyper since it is golden tier.
Meanwhile friends are experiencing the non-LL attractions.

UPDATE 1
DOH Hyper came back, should have switched to Thunder :)

UPDATE 2
My Thunder LL was 1010-1110, it was still down at 1005 and it switched to a MEP, Immediately booked another LL for Thunder as the return was quick at 1025. See if I can get one more set of MEPs.

UPDATE 3
Ended up with 12 MEPS, 3 from Indy and 9 from Thunder. Thunder had a rough Saturday.
Used 3 for a reride on Hyper Space, 3 for ReRide on Thunder, 3 for Storybook, 3 for Snow White.

Last edited:
The MEPs should be used for...
- Non-LL attractions you don't want to wait Stand By in.
- LL attractions you want to use LL for more than once.
- LL attractions you couldn't get LL for. This is actually the least of importance since it is pretty easy to get LLs for all of attractions as long as you stay at the parks for a reasonable time.
Yes, I know. But, we did rope drop at DL when the stand by times were short anyway, hopped over to DCA right at 1PM, then left for a break about 3:30PM. We still had some LL from utilizing standby in the morning to use at DL in the evening.....and a lot of those standby times were short as well.
So, we really did do everything we wanted to do, and had almost no down time to fit in more LL. We also had the flexibility to use single rider lines.

I could definitely see that fishing would be more helpful if I had taken my younger kids, who couldn't do single rider, and might have been interested in more of the slow rides.....or if our break had been set earlier in the afternoon.

UPDATE from 5/28
Today I noticed that once arriving at the park for Rope Drop the LL return time for Indiana Jones was already 9am.
Which is a major sign that the ride is going to be down at opening.
Park opened and it was down as expected.

So if you arrive in the park before Rope Drop check the LL return times. Anything over 8am (or park opening time) is more than likely going to be down at opening.

UPDATE from 5/28
Today I noticed that once arriving at the park for Rope Drop the LL return time for Indiana Jones was already 9am.
Which is a major sign that the ride is going to be down at opening.
Park opened and it was down as expected.

So if you arrive in the park before Rope Drop check the LL return times. Anything over 8am (or park opening time) is more than likely going to be down at opening.
I saw that too. It was down for a long time, so someone could have gotten several passes if they were fishing.

I wonder during the busy summer months if this method might end up backfiring and losing any LL for some rides?

If they go quick as the do in WDW this summer , that could be an issue right?

I wonder during the busy summer months if this method might end up backfiring and losing any LL for some rides?

If they go quick as the do in WDW this summer , that could be an issue right?
I wouldn't expect summer to be any busier than spring break. DLR is a totally different animal from WDW.

That said, fishing is great for times when you aren't relying on an actual use LL, but shouldn't be the strategy all day. Early morning, during breaks, etc. Judiciously used and combined with the refresh trick it should be a bonus, never a detraction.

I wouldn't expect summer to be any busier than spring break. DLR is a totally different animal from WDW.

That said, fishing is great for times when you aren't relying on an actual use LL, but shouldn't be the strategy all day. Early morning, during breaks, etc. Judiciously used and combined with the refresh trick it should be a bonus, never a detraction.
ok, thats the plan. I figure by noon we will start actually using G+ the correct way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter