How to fully use up Disney gift card

Shinaniganz

Earning My Ears
This might be a silly question, but I have a e-gift card that isn't a round number (from one of those online cashback portals), something like $123.45.

The onboard gift page only allows buying OBC in whole dollars. I wouldn't mind buying $124 or $125 and paying the rest with my CC, but the site doesn't allow that (only one payment form that must cover the whole balance). I don't want to just buy $123 either and have to keep track of a gift card with a few cents on it.

Can I use up the whole gift card by adding the card to my account onboard at guest services? Any other suggestions?

Just stop by guest services at any time and apply the gift card balance to your account. You will need to know the exact amount left on the card, but it can be an “odd” amount.

Thank you both! I was thinking to get it all loaded into OBC before the cruise to avoid worrying about it on board, but that may be the better option after all.

Since I don't plan to get wifi onboard, is a PDF of the e-gift card on my phone okay?

You can also use it to pay your fare. Whatever you do, be sure to keep your card until you know its balance has been used up. On our last cruise we got emails about refunds of port fees and could not find out where that money went until after the cruise was over. We had checked our gift card balances all the way up until the day we left for the port and it did not show up until after we were back home. Then we used it up for our next cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter