How to get a CC cabana when they are sold out?

So where does one go on embarkation day to ask to be added to the cabana waiting list (non-concierge)? Is it the main Guest Services desk?

We spent good time at serenity bay on our honeymoon and 5th anniversary cruise (I don't think there were cabanas back then, but I could be wrong and just don't remember them). Our DD will be 17 on our next cruise so we will be able to go there and hide form her if we want to :teeth:, or will be able to get a cabana there in close in out years as she'll be 18 or not traveling with us. Look forward to it.

We had lunch at serenity bay on our last cruise as our DD was off with her Vibe crew, but didn't get to spend much time there.
Is lunch at Serenity Bay the same food as Cookies? If not, what is it like and is it worth the effort?

Is lunch at Serenity Bay the same food as Cookies? If not, what is it like and is it worth the effort?
Mostly, but they have steak and fish, which I don’t remember Cookies having. As far as is it worth it, would you prefer eating without kids around?

It could also be true that if concierge has a waitlist they snatch them up, but if they don't, then they go to everyone else.

12 cruises, never have even seen a cabana available on the website including when booking opened for our 13th. I imagine we're unlikely to ever get one unless we sail concierge on a CC itinerary some day.
Never seen one available either. 30 cruises for us. I have a July cruise and my daughter wants me to try again. I was hoping the pearl level would be open, but I guess it won’t be. It starts May 1, but my checkin for July is mid-March. That would’ve been my only hope. Unfortunately we have 1 16 year old, so have to do a family one.

Never seen one available either. 30 cruises for us. I have a July cruise and my daughter wants me to try again. I was hoping the pearl level would be open, but I guess it won’t be. It starts May 1, but my checkin for July is mid-March. That would’ve been my only hope. Unfortunately we have 1 16 year old, so have to do a family one.
It's not clear to me (unless I missed something) whether Pearl benefits will allow bookings prior to concierge. They announced the Pearl booking windows, but didn't say whether concierge would change to match or remain the same.

It's not clear to me (unless I missed something) whether Pearl benefits will allow bookings prior to concierge. They announced the Pearl booking windows, but didn't say whether concierge would change to match or remain the same.
Concierge actually gets to put in requests through shoreside concierge at 130 days so they will still be ahead of Pearl. 120 days is when concierge could see what was booked for them and start making changes themselves. I anticipate that date will change to 123 when the Pearl change goes in to effect.

Concierge actually gets to put in requests through shoreside concierge at 130 days so they will still be ahead of Pearl. 120 days is when concierge could see what was booked for them and start making changes themselves. I anticipate that date will change to 123 when the Pearl change goes in to effect.
Yes Pearl will be after concierge but before platinum. So still increases my chances a tiny bit. Pearl will book 3 days before platinum. I know on the Wish it’s impossible, but still worth trying on the Fantasy. i could care less, it’s just my daughter wants it. We are a party of 7. Two new graduates and 1 sweet 16 celebration. Plus our anniversary too.

I managed to get two cabanas during a presidents day week cruise a few years ago. Not sailing concierge, so I visited the site 3 times a day and one lunch time EST about 3-4 weeks prior to sailing, they magically appeared, so I snagged both for our party. After discussions with family we decided we could all be in one, so I offered the other to our FE group. Sure enough someone messaged. Never say never, it has happened. We got some magic, spread the magic, and a great time had by all.

Just a personal experience update:

I checked the app for one to come available almost every day, multiple times a day, for four months. I added my name to the wait list at guest services as soon as I boarded (boarding group 3). It never came though. I'll try again next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter