• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to get a site for Hallowe'en?

sheboz

Mouseketeer
Are there tricks to getting a site for the week of Saturday October 28? We will be making the ultimate road trip to Disney in our motor home.
I've tried several times to alter the dates but I can't find a spot.

Which year ?? Halloween is always full up to a year in advance. You can book a site 499 days out over the phone. Best to hope for is someone is cancelling and you can snag one, but it is tough.

Like Chris said.... What year? If you want Halloween 2017, it will be a challenge If you want to snag that date in 2018 you can call to make your reservations in about 4 months.

That said, for 2017, if you are persistent (and flexible) you can keep checking the site to "Piece" a reservation together. Usually things open back up at the "Milestones" like 60, 45, or 30 days out. That's because, depending on options, various "Cancellation" deadlines are hit and people have to decide that they want to either GO or NOT GO on those dates.

It does make it tough though, but not impossible, to get reservations. People often will try and pickup a Day here and a weekend there and piece their reservation together as they can get the openings. Check in the AM, the PM and give them a call frequently too. (Sometimes the CMs on the phone can be more helpful. Others... not so much. :guilty: )

Persistence pays off.

You join the reservation page stalking club :surfweb:. I have been trying multiple times a day for the past 4 months with no luck :crazy2:. Good luck and may the best camper win:P

Me to we are looking to add Oct 28 thru Nov1 we had to change our plans for this year and just made reservations this week. Last year I book at the 499 day does not help my husband will only do a premium site.

I'm in the hunt too! Thankfully only looking for a tent site but that might actually hurt me if people are trying to get throwaway rooms :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter