• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how to get from parking lot to monorail

hannymom

Mouseketeer
if we are planning on renting a scooter once we get into the magic kingdom, how do we get there from the parking lot? any suggestions?

As long as you're not parked too far down the end of a row, you can walk quite easily to the central 'road' and road trams pick people up and take them to the TTC. Once there you will need to walk either to the monorail or the ferry and get across the lake. Then there's another walk the other side round to the entrance; through bag check, through the barriers, and finally you'll see the rental shop at the right as you look at the park.

If the person who's going to rent can't walk that far, then you may have to rethink and get a scooter off site. We found it easier to go to MK by bus as they took us and the rented scooter straight to the park entrance, bypassing the TTC and the lake altogether.

another thing if you are using a handicapped space there is no tram and the walk is an uphill walk. I have never seen any of the parking lot wheelchairs in the lot to use until you get to the gate. you are not allowed to send someone early to rent the ECV and bring it out to you in the lot. esp at MK I would bus if you are on site but even that can be a hike from the bus stop to the gate or rent offsite as you are going to need it to get from car to monorail or ferry boat. and remember at the end of day the ECV has to stay inside gate and you have the reverse back to car and at park close you will have lines for both the monorail and the ferry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter