How to get from WDW to US/IOA?

Wags

Mouseketeer
We are planning a visit to WDW during the last week in February, and would also like to visit Universal/IOA.

We are not renting a vehicle and I am wondering what are the available transportation options from WDW to Universal?

About 8 years ago (now I feel really old!:D ) we took Mears from WDW to Universal. I think it was around $9.00, but I can't remember if that was round trip or one way. I am sure they have a web site that you can check the prices. We also used Mears to go to Sea World.

We were staying at POFQ and it was great. We called a few days before and arranged the time and they picked us up out front. Then they drop you off at Universal. We had to call two hours prior to when we wanted to be picked up to go back to the hotel. They told us what time a shuttle would be there and took the name and number of guests in the party. I liked that since we didn't have to figure out how long we wanted to stay in advance, and we were semi-flexible.

That was the last trip to WDW I took before I got married and at since our honeymoon, we have always rented a car.

Sorry I can't help you with a cab, I have never done that.

We take Mears...have done this 5 or 6 times now.

It is $12 per person round trip. You call the day before to set up your pick up time.

When you are ready to leave you are "supposed" to call them 1-2 hours ahead (but a lot of people just go down to the bus parking lot without doing this).

It is easy......always gone pretty smoothly.

We used Tiffany Town Car two years ago. We'll be send DS and his buddy this year with TTC. It's worth what you pay which is in line with Mears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter