• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to know if waitlist was matched?

wdw4rfam

DVC Member/AP holder
Forgive me it’s been a while since I had a waitlist. I know the last time I had one- years ago, it would disappear and that’s how you knew it was matched. Then you just had to wait for them to process it or call to have it done. Does it still do this? I have one now, but am stalking. If something else pops up I’d grab it because I’m desperate right now. I’d hate to do that if it was matched but just not booked yet, and risk losing it because on my waitlist I put”do not replace another reservation” and I don’t have enough points to have both booked.

For now you won't know unless a corresponding reservation shows up on your dashboard. The waitlist no longer disappears until the confirmed reservation appears.

They send an email when they do it. I have my phone set to make a special ringtone for emails from DVC. Find the email address that sends your reservation confirmation.

And you could call MS and ask them to put that note. They are matched by humans, it shouldn't be a problem.

I use the chat feature to periodically ask if my waitlist has matched. That's because I had a situation once where it matched but they never confirmed the reservation -- and it just sat matched for over a month until I asked about it. But I had nothing that showed it had matched on my end.

When it does get processed, you do get a confirmation email for it.

do like me...stalk ALMOST every day....only to log in today and find my 1 night at Beach Club Studio came in for marathon weekend.

we fly in Thursday, cruise on Friday jan 5. Had 1 night at AKL, but wanted to be near Epcot. So I did a wait list. been checking every few days for a month. Checked today for the 1st time in a week, and my wait list came in. Now how do I waste my time?

I never got a confirmation email on my latest waitlist match! I only knew it came through by checking my dashboard.

I just logged in to bank my April UY points that we didn’t use and just saw that I matched my waitlist that I honestly forgot I made because it was such a shot in the dark. I never got an email and I honestly might have never knew it matched because it’s for Dec 2nd because my son is singing in the candlelight procession and I waitlisted a studio a boardwalk for the night and probably wouldn’t have logged into my account between now and then except to bank my points. Happy it came through, not happy I didn’t get notified.

I placed a waitlist less than 2 weeks ago and got a confirmation email on Sunday. Didn't actually expect the waitlist to come through, let alone so quickly. Very happy I can stop stalking the website.

I just logged in to bank my April UY points that we didn’t use and just saw that I matched my waitlist that I honestly forgot I made because it was such a shot in the dark. I never got an email and I honestly might have never knew it matched because it’s for Dec 2nd because my son is singing in the candlelight procession and I waitlisted a studio a boardwalk for the night and probably wouldn’t have logged into my account between now and then except to bank my points. Happy it came through, not happy I didn’t get notified.
Glad yours came thru! I've been stalking for Dec 3rd forevvvveeerrr and still nothing.

Yup both mine came through in the past week. I had one at the beginning and one at the end. One I got an email and the other showed up booked on the DVC site before the email. I panicked because I saw my waitlist gone. Then I noticed the dates changed.

We just had a Polynesian waitlist come through for January and I found out by receiving the confirmation e-mail with all of the reservation information.

I only find out when I get the confirmation email or when I’ve had to cal MS for something else and have them check the wait for me.

Looking forward to hearing your son & group! We're attending on the 2nd. Our WL for BLT was matched a few months ago.

Looking forward to hearing your son & group! We're attending on the 2nd. Our WL for BLT was matched a few months ago.
His school is singing at the 5:15 show, I’m hoping to get a day of candlelight package at the regal eagle so we don’t have to wait all day in the standby line, but we will if we have to. By the time the school let us know what show they got selected for the regular packages were all sold out.

His school is singing at the 5:15 show, I’m hoping to get a day of candlelight package at the regal eagle so we don’t have to wait all day in the standby line, but we will if we have to. By the time the school let us know what show they got selected for the regular packages were all sold out.
Sending pixie dust your way!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Just had my second waitlist come through in the past few weeks and I again didn’t get a confirmation email…

I have never received an email, or any notification, when a waitlist has matched. And yes, DVC does have all my info, I get all the other emails and notifications. 25 year member, most recent WL was last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter