• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to make a First-Timers Trip?

taylordemarcs

Earning My Ears
Hello!
I'm planning a trip with a few of my friends from college in May 2015, and we are BEYOND excited. We are celebrate 3 birthdays, and 2 first time visits (basically we are all celebrating something!). And being the sap I am and having gone to WDW all my life, I want to make this trip memorable for them. So my 2 other friends and myself want to plan something extra special to do for our two first timers :) Do you guys have any ideas in how to make it more memorable? Any tips would do! :) As of right now, I want to do my family's tradition and buy them both classic mickey ears with their names stitched on the back, and have them waiting for them in the hotel room. buuuut maybe something better?? let me know :)

Definitely get them First Visit buttons when you check into your resort!

Definitely agreed on the buttons, both for the First Timers and the Birthdays. I was amazed at how almost EVERY CM wished my daughter a happy birthday when she wore hers! Also tell each restaurant at check in and sometimes you get a surprise dessert! If not, you still get lots of attention.
Be sure you do a character meal even if they think it's silly) and maybe a special cake as part of the celebration?
Also if you haven't told them about the wake up call, do that on the sly and make sure a newbie answers it. ;)
If you are willing to splurge, maybe take a fireworks cruise? Or afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian?

Definitely try to hit up all the parks! I know a lot of people just spend a few days each in their two favorites, but personally, I think you only get the true magic with visiting all of the parks and maybe just hitting the highlights instead of covering everything.

Best of luck to you and have a magical trip!

Those who have gone to WDW a lot of times tend to skip rides and certain areas of the park to ride certain attractions over and over. When you go with first timers you should do the opposite in my opinion. Try to see and get on as many attractions as possible. Same goes for parades and shows.

Ask them what they REALLY don't want to miss and build your schedule around that. I'm sure you have an idea of what a classic Disney experience is all about, so you can structure your visit with all the must dos.

If you can, it might be cool to go on all the classic "kiddie" rides like Peter Pan and Dumbo to relive childhoods pixiedust:

Hello!
I'm planning a trip with a few of my friends from college in May 2015, and we are BEYOND excited. We are celebrate 3 birthdays, and 2 first time visits (basically we are all celebrating something!). And being the sap I am and having gone to WDW all my life, I want to make this trip memorable for them. So my 2 other friends and myself want to plan something extra special to do for our two first timers :) Do you guys have any ideas in how to make it more memorable? Any tips would do! :) As of right now, I want to do my family's tradition and buy them both classic mickey ears with their names stitched on the back, and have them waiting for them in the hotel room. buuuut maybe something better?? let me know :)

since you are college age, here's what I'd suggest:

1. Stay at a Disney resort. You can find great deals and the resorts make it a bit more "magical". We went to All Sports and got adjoining rooms. it let us spread out and the cost was a bargain

2. Since there are 5 of you, each one could wear a different Disney Princess shirt your first day there. That could be part of the "goodie bag" with the ears.

3. Ask your friends who their favorite character is or favorite movie and then plan on a "character greet" for a photograph, or see a show like Beauty and the Beast at HS for some more magic.

4. to "me" an absolute must for all 1st timers is the fireworks by the Castle in Magic Kingdom. So beautiful....

5. and since you are college age, tell them about the hidden mickey's and have fun with it.

Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter