How to maximize Universal Dining Plan Snack Credits???

BiloxiBeachDude

Earning My Ears
Am curious to learn the best tips from all of ya'll on how to best maximize the UD snack credits at Universal Orlando. We have done the Disney Dining plan and loved it so wanted to know the best items to order at the participating outlets to get the best "Bang for the Buck" !!!

I use the snack coupons for the most high end costs

Makes the coupon a better deal

Don't use it for something that costs $2.50
Use it for those $5 snacks

I have a question. Is it possible to purchase two QS plans and use them like this:

Day one
Use one meal entitlement
Starbucks coffee

Day two
Use one meal entitlement
Starbucks coffee

Day three
Use two snack credits to "purchase" a side salad and tomato soup,at Thunder Falls Terrace.

Thanks!

I have a question. Is it possible to purchase two QS plans and use them like this:

Day one
Use one meal entitlement
Starbucks coffee

Day two
Use one meal entitlement
Starbucks coffee

Day three
Use two snack credits to "purchase" a side salad and tomato soup,at Thunder Falls Terrace.

Thanks!

Take a look at the following links as a loose guide. You can maximize your value. I don't see soups or salads as snack items except at Croissant Moon. There are a few errors on the lists, like Butterbeer, which is a snack and not a beverage, so I wouldn't take any of it as absolute fact.

https://touringplans.com/universal-orlando/menu_items?category=&location=Universal+Studios+Florida&page=4&search=&snack=true&sort=menu_items.course_code&utf8=✓

https://touringplans.com/universal-orlando/menu_items?category=&location=Universal's+Islands+of+Adventure&page=5&search=&snack=true&sort=menu_items.course_code&utf8=✓

Last edited:

In past trips, snacks are listed on the menu boards

Have not seen salad as listed as snack

In past trips, snacks are listed on the menu boards

Have not seen salad as listed as snack

Well, they're both listed as eligible snacks on the touringplans links that were recommended on this thread. I don't want butterbeer, ice cream or an outsized doughnut so am considering some of the lighter options. I should be able to check on this in the park before purchasing, right?

I'll rephrase, has anyone used two snack entitlements from two individual QS plans (the entrees of which were redeemed on two previous days) at the same vendor?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Well, they're both listed as eligible snacks on the touringplans links that were recommended on this thread. I don't want butterbeer, ice cream or an outsized doughnut so am considering some of the lighter options. I should be able to check on this in the park before purchasing, right?

I'll rephrase, has anyone used two snack entitlements from two individual QS plans (the entrees of which were redeemed on two previous days) at the same vendor?

Thanks!

Can you rephrase again? You've lost me. If you mean, can you use your snacks the next day, yes you can. Doesn't matter where but you couldn't combine two snack credits to get an entree, if that's what you mean.

And yes, every restaurant lists their dining plan offerings on their menu board. I would double check at Croissant Moon to see if those things listed at Touring Plans are still snack offerings.

I will be solo and would like to purchase two QS plans to be used over three days. I plan on using the entree entitlements on days 1 & 2. I would like to use both snack credits in one transaction at one venue on the third day. Will a solo be allowed to use two snack credits at once?

I've been looking at menu pix online and the UD logo is next to the soup and salad I mentioned. The same symbol is also next to entrees as well as items with price points under $2. I will be checking on what is and is not an eligible snack before I purchase anything.

Thanks again!

I will be solo and would like to purchase two QS plans to be used over three days. I plan on using the entree entitlements on days 1 & 2. I would like to use both snack credits in one transaction at one venue on the third day. Will a solo be allowed to use two snack credits at once?

I've been looking at menu pix online and the UD logo is next to the soup and salad I mentioned. The same symbol is also next to entrees as well as items with price points under $2. I will be checking on what is and is not an eligible snack before I purchase anything.

Thanks again!

Sure. They don't know that you aren't purchasing for your other family member, etc. who may be in a line somewhere.

Just make sure that if you are buying a soup or salad that is $3.99 as a snack, that it is good use of your money. If you are going to do that, it might be better value not to use the dining plan at all. The dining plan isn't always going to put you out ahead.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter