• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to plan?

pepperderr

DIS Veteran
The last times we were at WDW were in 2008 and 2012. A lot has changed since then. Back then I used Tour Guide Mike and this group to know when to go where on what day. Back then we were younger and I had a stroller to push. The next time, hopefully, August of 2022, we will be older and even slower. I have some physical limitations so I can't walk fast at all. When I had a stroller to push before that helped me. We went from rope drop to park closing even though my kids were so young. The fast passes really helped us get on the rides we really wanted even though I couldn't walk very fast. I know that fast passes aren't a thing right now and that they might charge for each use when or if they bring them back but I am hoping by 2022 there will be some kind of option like the fast pass. So much has changed. I know there are some rides we will skip because we already went on them and my kids will be 18 and 22 at the time so they won't want kid rides. But there are lots of new rides we do want to try. My youngest son wants to make a lightsaber. I would like it to be a more slow-paced Disney trip but of course, I want to ride as many rides as we can. Where do I start? How do I start planning? I think we are planning to be there for about a week but we haven't even decided on exact dates or anything yet. I think the end of August and the beginning of September are supposed to be less crowded.

Well, I like to read and mark pages and be able to flip back and forth easily, so I'd recommend getting the Birnbaum guide. Per Amazon, the 2022 edition will be out in September. That will give you a good overview. Then read here on DISboards and ask questions. Don't worry, no question is too silly, as long as you don't ask what time is the 3:00 parade!

I also recommend the Unofficial Guide to WDW. So much great info there. First decisions to make are dates and where to stay.

I think a lot of us are in the same boat as you, not knowing how to plan with no fastpasses. We just returned from a Universal trip but added a Hollywood Studio day because my husband loves Star Wars and had to do it. There was no way to really plan so for the first time ever, I didn’t. We got our Rise of the Resistance boarding group pass, which works like a fastpass. We were able to walk on Star Tours but everything else we used DAS , our son is autistic. Even with the DAS, we barely rode anything. We spent a lot of time in shops and in the Star Wars land, which is really great. But we didn’t have high expectations and our day was good. Not great but good.
I really want to go back February 2022. The deciding factor however, is if fastpass is back. So it’s a waiting game for us.
You mentioned your touring style is from park open to close, ours is different because of our son, I plan it so we ride all the rides we can before lunch, have lunch and ride one more and leave. My son can only handle so much stimulation and noise. We go back to the hotel and my husband and daughter go back to the parks after dinner until close while I stay with our son. I hope with any new fastpass system Disney takes into consideration that all families are different and can’t stay in the parks all day, that’s why I loved the old system.
Once there’s an announcement on fastpass, I think it will be easier to plan. Crossing my fingers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter