• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to rent points?

disneychickforever

Queen of Disney Elephants
I've heard tons about "renting points" for trips. How does it work, and is it really cheaper? I'd love to stay at the Contemporary resort the night before my wedding so I can just hop the monorail over and get some awesome shots on the monorail! Just trying to save some money, lol.

Check the Rent/Trade board in the DVC forums for a good primer on points renting.

However, it is best reserved for stays in DVC properties. So you could stay at BLT vs. the Contemporary resort on points. In fact, you can no longer use points to stay at the CR now that BLT has been opened. No points stays at the regular part of any resort that has a DVC component.

You could use points to stay at non-DVC places, like the Poly, but it would probably cost more than a room for cash -- points requirements are quite high for non-DVC accommodations.

Yeah I was thinking BLT so that my family and bridal party can stay there. I think it'd make things easier if we were all together the day before since we're planning a 10 am wedding, lol.

I rented points this past week for a trip in August (bringing our daughter down for the College Program). When I called Disney they quoted me $688 for 3 nights at Boardwalk with the 40% off military rate. I was able to rent thru a DVC member the 45 points that those nights required for $10 a point or $450 for the same nights.... a nice big savings... I will look into renting again in the future. She has been great to deal with so far....

This is really a topic for the DVC forums here on the boards. I'll be moving this one over there.

Thanks,

Knox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter