How to request a certain room?

2ndstar to the right

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have a good strategy for requesting a certain room at AKL? We are going in a coupe of weeks and have a pool view reserved. We would like to request a room not on the giraffe trail but the other side of the pool. I didn't see any way to do this through the on line check in.
Thanks and have a Magical Day!! :)

Its not a good idea to request a specific room. If you do that and the room isn't available the day you check in the room assigner has no way of knowing why you wanted that room.

Instead, just call the number you reserved the room through and ask them to put your preference on there. State it just as you did in your post. That tells the room assigner what you want and gives them flexibility to satisfy your request.

Its not a good idea to request a specific room. If you do that and the room isn't available the day you check in the room assigner has no way of knowing why you wanted that room.

Instead, just call the number you reserved the room through and ask them to put your preference on there. State it just as you did in your post. That tells the room assigner what you want and gives them flexibility to satisfy your request.

Exactly this. No need to "help" the room assigner with a room number, or use an outside service. Just call and tell the CM you'd like to request "other side of pool, not on Giraffe Trail." They'll type it right into your reservation and you're good to go.

Exactly this. No need to "help" the room assigner with a room number, or use an outside service. Just call and tell the CM you'd like to request "other side of pool, not on Giraffe Trail." They'll type it right into your reservation and you're good to go.

Maybe it is not necessary, but I had great luck with Touring Plans. Ended up with a room 2 down from the one I requested.

Totally agree. Talking on the phone with a live human is the best.

Maybe it is not necessary, but I had great luck with Touring Plans. Ended up with a room 2 down from the one I requested.
I second this. I've used touring plans fax service multiple times. Last year, got the exact room I wanted at the Poly. This year, I was 2 doors down from my request, although I did give a range of room #s.

I also had great luck with Touring Plans. Last weekend we received the EXACT room we requested via their fax service, so the room assigned must pay attention to these requests. I also did online check in, but didn't make requests there or anywhere else on my reservation. The Touring Plans fax also specifies a block or rooms with certain characteristics (e.g. North-facing, fourth floor, etc) surrounding the room you select, and you can add a written note to clarify your preferences.

For our December trip to the Poly CL, we used the fax service but also made reuqests during online check in and through IPO. The room we received was in a different floor/end of the building than our TP request, but had the patio/balcony we requested through Disney, so were very happy then also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter