How to reserve Mears shuttle?

BeckyEsq

Mouseketeer.
I have been trying to figure this out for months and now we are a few weeks away from our trip -- how does one reserve the Mears shuttle from MCO to Universal resorts? I have looked at their website and searched the forums and it doesn't seem like it should be this difficult to figure out!

I have been trying to figure this out for months and now we are a few weeks away from our trip -- how does one reserve the Mears shuttle from MCO to Universal resorts? I have looked at their website and searched the forums and it doesn't seem like it should be this difficult to figure out!
When I have seen this question come up before, someone answered that it (the SuperStar shuttle) is only available for people who book Universal packages. It is listed as a 'vacation add-on' on their vacations web page. I have no experience with it, there may be other shuttle services you can hire. It seems people on this board who don't want to use rideshare companies book a town car.

Do you mean Universal's SuperStar Shuttle, which is operated by Mears, or Mears's shared-ride-van-type shuttle?

Can't you just use the MEARS app to reserve the car/ride?
Or is this a different transportation option?

I am counting on using the app to reserve a MEARS car for WDW to HRH and then again from HRH to MCO.

I find the Mears website very confusing! They have regular taxis, car service through an app like Lyft and Uber, shuttles between Orlando attractions but not to the airport that I can see. I am curious how much a shuttle booked through Universal would cost one way vs Lyft.

The Mears shuttle stopped doing MCO to hotel when COVID started and never came back
I used to use it as it was more reliable than the superstar shuttle.
It was 34 round trip to Universal - per person - that was in March a week before the parks closed for COVID

superstar shuttle is 30 roundtrip last time I checked - per person

The Mears shuttle stopped doing MCO to hotel when COVID started and never came back
I used to use it as it was more reliable than the superstar shuttle.
It was 34 round trip to Universal - per person - that was in March a week before the parks closed for COVID

superstar shuttle is 30 roundtrip last time I checked - per person
Thanks. For 2 of us we will just Lyft or Uber.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help with this. I could not find anywhere online to book transportation from the airport to the hotel, either through Mears or Superstar. I called the hotel, who sent me to SuperStar, who finally gave me the right number to call -- 1 800 823 4733. It is $39 per person round trip. Possibly a few dollars more than Uber, but I feel it is safer since I am traveling alone with my daughter. I am not sure why they bury this and don't make it easy to book online! I will report back on how it goes.

Just to give an update to a question upthread~ yes, you can book Superstar Shuttle one way if you would like! We did it no problem, and we had a room only reservation, not a package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter