How to Save Money on Your Disney Cruise Line Vacation | The DCL Show | 01/29/20

WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
In this episode, the panel discusses how you can save money on your Disney Cruise Line vacation from booking your vacation as early as possible to paying with Disney Gift Cards purchased from Target with their 5% discount when using a RedCard!

This is my favorite saving tip of all time! I always pay for all of my Disney World and Disney Cruise Line trips exclusively with Target Gift Cards with the 5% discount. On a trip that is pretty expensive (ours last year was around $4500), that is $225. For those who spend even more (like $10k, $15k, and up), it is even a bigger savings.

I will note that I was nervous when I first started because I wasn't sure if there was a limit I could purchase at one time on my Target Debit Card. I called and was told there was no limit. Still, I usually buy them about $1000 at a time. God bless my poor TA who has to enter all of those for payment every time I buy some.

I loved this episode! I listened to it in the car, and will be playing it for my fiancé once we both feel better!

Ya, I will combine most of my gift cards before sending the digits into Dreams. But ya, I will buy them from Target in increments.

Funny story: after this show, I told my sister that Elaine must be from the Midwest, because she had talked about Meijer and I know Meijer to be a Midwestern thing. She agreed, and said she thought Elaine's accent was very Midwest.

So my sister did a non-creepy, reasonable amount of internet stalking, and found out that not only is she indeed Midwestern...they go to the same church! Ha!

I would be remiss if I didn't say it....

it's a small world after all. :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter