How to use Touring Plans App?

DISfirstTimer

Mouseketeer
We leave for our very 1st Disney Trip in 4 days! I've been playing with the touring plans app and WDW app trying to figure how to best utilize these apps. How do you all utilize these apps? When TP lists posted time I assume this is what WDW is reporting what does the expected reflect? What they thought the wait would be as in when I create and evaluate a plan for days from now or what they really expect based on current data from that day? How do you use your plans and can you reoptimize them based on data of what's actually occuring that day not what was predicted months ago?

I have found that the wait times on the Touring Plans AP are MUCH more accurate than the ones on the Disney ones, and are even more accurate than the wait times Disney posts in the parks. I have not modified my plans on the ap. I actually print out my touring plans before leaving home because I like having the paper copy.

You can optimize it any point when you’re in the park and it’ll rearrange your touring plan to best fit whatever is going on at that exact moment.Like if you decide to eat lunch later than you planned, or want to jump in a short line that wasn’t on the plan, it will rearrange the rest of your day to fit that in.I love touring plans, They let you fit a lot more into the day.

You can optimize it any point when you’re in the park and it’ll rearrange your touring plan to best fit whatever is going on at that exact moment.Like if you decide to eat lunch later than you planned, or want to jump in a short line that wasn’t on the plan, it will rearrange the rest of your day to fit that in.I love touring plans, They let you fit a lot more into the day.
Do you just st remove things you’ve already done? And then add new stuff? Or does it just ignore stuff that happened in the past?

No need to remove anything you've done, you can just optimize for changes going forward - like hllb said, if your lunch plans shift to later or you decide to skip a ride. Just remove or edit those steps in your upcoming plan and hit optimize.

Do you just st remove things you’ve already done? And then add new stuff? Or does it just ignore stuff that happened in the past?

You mark the step done and it won’t include it. If you don’t mark it done and it’s in the past it will work it back into your plan which is good if you’re running late.

OP you can also evaluate if you want to keep the order you have and just get updated time estimates.

Definitely re-optimize your plan after your first attraction of the day. There are lots of rides in each park, and some of them don't always open on time. Re-optimizing the plan will incorporate any up-to-the-minute things that are happening.

I must not be doing something right. I tried to pretend I was at the park today as it is the same predicted crowd level as my MK day. I checked a few things of as I anticipate having done by that time and then I optimized. It told me to go to Princess Hall for a 9 minute wait. I thought this odd so I looked for wait times and both TP and WDW estimated it over 20 mins. I think it keeps trying to act like its 9am. What am I doing wrong? Just trying to work out kinks before we leave in 3 days!

I must not be doing something right. I tried to pretend I was at the park today as it is the same predicted crowd level as my MK day. I checked a few things of as I anticipate having done by that time and then I optimized. It told me to go to Princess Hall for a 9 minute wait. I thought this odd so I looked for wait times and both TP and WDW estimated it over 20 mins. I think it keeps trying to act like its 9am. What am I doing wrong? Just trying to work out kinks before we leave in 3 days!

Nevermind, I didn't change the date on my plan! Working well now!

We leave for our very 1st Disney Trip in 4 days! I've been playing with the touring plans app and WDW app trying to figure how to best utilize these apps. How do you all utilize these apps? When TP lists posted time I assume this is what WDW is reporting what does the expected reflect? What they thought the wait would be as in when I create and evaluate a plan for days from now or what they really expect based on current data from that day? How do you use your plans and can you reoptimize them based on data of what's actually occuring that day not what was predicted months ago?
TP is basing their expected wait times based on many factors including those in the park who are reporting live times while in line. There is an option to submit times while you wait for rides which aids TP in optimizing your touring plans.

TP is basing their expected wait times based on many factors including those in the park who are reporting live times while in line. There is an option to submit times while you wait for rides which aids TP in optimizing your touring plans.

This... ^^^^^^

TP expected wait times for us have always been much more accurate.

I definitely mark things off as I do them. I tend to evaluate while in the park. If you are open to completely changing your plan on the fly you could optimize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter