how to use touring plans/room request

Is there anything in writing from DVC saying this? I ask because we have literally thousands of examples of DVC honoring the exact room request sent in.

It's hard to believe that a customer service-centric company like Disney, whose members are paying a premium to stay on site, would willingly ignore a customer's stated preference, over something as insignificant as the method of communication used. I just don't think Disney's doing that.

I have always considered the throwing faxes away story to be disboards urban legend.

I read on another site that the HA rooms do not have murphy beds. That's why I put it on my request.

Piggy back on this please - trying to use the fax request feature for an upcoming trip to SSR. If I put in my filters and it comes up with say 88 rooms how do I get past the first 3?

I am trying to adjust the filter to give me some options in grandstand (we don't have preferred) and it only gives me paddock. I guess I could just make my own fax but I have heard TP faxes "could" be more effective. I don't want to have to scroll past 88 rooms to try and find what I want ! I am sure I am missing something simple....

I just picked a room and then on the box with the room #s that came up, I deleted the numbers and wrote my request.

Piggy back on this please - trying to use the fax request feature for an upcoming trip to SSR. If I put in my filters and it comes up with say 88 rooms how do I get past the first 3?

I am trying to adjust the filter to give me some options in grandstand (we don't have preferred) and it only gives me paddock. I guess I could just make my own fax but I have heard TP faxes "could" be more effective. I don't want to have to scroll past 88 rooms to try and find what I want ! I am sure I am missing something simple....
There are two booking categories at SSR. Did you book standard or preferred?

When it finds the 88 rooms, it should highlight the buildings in which those rooms are located, in red. Click on any red building, and it should show you the rooms (also in red) that match. It'll display the rooms floor by floor, and there's a drop-down menu to select which floor you want to see.

When it finds the 88 rooms, it should highlight the buildings in which those rooms are located, in red. Click on any red building, and it should show you the rooms (also in red) that match. It'll display the rooms floor by floor, and there's a drop-down menu to select which floor you want to see.

Thank you this is what I am missing - not seeing the drop down menu! I knew it was me :)) I will go back and try again.

I have a question about the Touring Plans Room Views. I'm looking for a BC GV room that might have a partial water view, with a full balcony. When I click on any of the red highlighted rooms on the BC map, it shows a photo of the room view, then under the photo on the chart lists the room category, type, rack rate, walk to lobby, sound level, etc. On any room I click on, the TP Pick always says "NO." It says NO on any Lagoon View rooms also. What does TP Pick mean? I'm assuming it means that TP recommends this room, but I can't find any rooms that TP recommends. Does anyone know?

I have a question about the Touring Plans Room Views. I'm looking for a BC GV room that might have a partial water view, with a full balcony. When I click on any of the red highlighted rooms on the BC map, it shows a photo of the room view, then under the photo on the chart lists the room category, type, rack rate, walk to lobby, sound level, etc. On any room I click on, the TP Pick always says "NO." It says NO on any Lagoon View rooms also. What does TP Pick mean? I'm assuming it means that TP recommends this room, but I can't find any rooms that TP recommends. Does anyone know?

Your assumption is correct. However, as you are finding out that tool is extremely inaccurate when it comes to category, amenities and view.

We used the TP room request option at FQ two weeks ago and didn't get anything close to what we requested. I expected a parking lot view, but the building and floor requests were completely ignored.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter