How to Use Unused Expired Tickets to Buy New Tickets?

Mainsail Minnie

Momketeer
How do you do this? Just call and give the ticket numbers? The tickets no longer appear on my MDE account. It's made more complicated by the fact that I made alias friends on MDE to reassign the tickets to. I did that to avoid those tickets being prioritized when we went to the park this past trip. That was what I was advised to do on this board. So the tickets went successfully unused, but now I don't know how to access or upgrade them, or even put them back under our names.

1. How do you do this?
2. Just call and give the ticket numbers?
3. The tickets no longer appear on my MDE account.
4. It's made more complicated by the fact that I made alias friends on MDE to reassign the tickets to. I did that to avoid those tickets being prioritized when we went to the park this past trip.
5. That was what I was advised to do on this board.
6. So the tickets went successfully unused,
7. but now I don't know how to access or upgrade them, or even put them back under our names.
1. Not sure how Disney wants to handle this, yet.
2. It MIGHT be that you need to do this in-person at WDW.
3. Sounds normal.
4. Yup.
5. Yup.
6. Yup.
7. You'll need to contact Disney and ask.

How do you do this? Just call and give the ticket numbers? The tickets no longer appear on my MDE account. It's made more complicated by the fact that I made alias friends on MDE to reassign the tickets to. I did that to avoid those tickets being prioritized when we went to the park this past trip. That was what I was advised to do on this board. So the tickets went successfully unused, but now I don't know how to access or upgrade them, or even put them back under our names.
Call the Disney world phone number and ask to be transferred to the Special Park Ticket Team. They can handle it.

1. Not sure how Disney wants to handle this, yet.
2. It MIGHT be that you need to do this in-person at WDW.
3. Sounds normal.
4. Yup.
5. Yup.
6. Yup.
7. You'll need to contact Disney and ask.

I posted on the tickets and upgrades thread, but I was able to do it over the phone recently.

It took a little bit of being transferred around until I got to the right person, but it went seamlessly once I got her.

I had exacly this situation last week. Ticket expired on 12/31 (or 1/14, according to MyDEx, but they mean the same thing). First I went to the Ticket Center at Disney Springs. Figured they were the ticket experts. Nope, they sent me next door to Guest Services.
They couldn't help me either. ("Two questions - who is Margo, and where is she?") Margo is a fictional profile that we use as a parking place for tickets.
Because there were two exceptional circumstances - an expired ticket on a profile of a person who wasn't there - Guest Services insisted their hands were tied. Referred me to the ticket services people - the number that ends with 4985.
I've been busy with other things since then and haven't followed up. But I don't have any need to buy another ticket for a while. I have heard others have had success getting the value on a gift card, rather than a new ticket, but I'm not counting on that. No idea when I will need to buy another ticket.

I have heard others have had success getting the value on a gift card, rather than a new ticket, but I'm not counting on that.

When I was on the phone getting my new tickets, the CM apologetically told me that I had to use the ticket value toward new tickets, and could not use it towards a room reservation or something else. This was fine since I was looking specifically for tickets, but it didn't sound like a GC would be an option.

When I was on the phone getting my new tickets, the CM apologetically told me that I had to use the ticket value toward new tickets, and could not use it towards a room reservation or something else. This was fine since I was looking specifically for tickets, but it didn't sound like a GC would be an option.
That doesn't surprise me at all. The instances of funds on a gift card were regarding expired *convention* tickets, which are a different animal. Those were handled at Guest Services in one of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter