~How TWO trips became...who knows? ~ It's a TRIP! and an upgrade.... 4/22

BOOKED!!!

:dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :cool1:

September 4 - Sept 13! 9 nights!!

with

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: FREE DINING!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

at the ....

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: POP!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Standard room... So I saved a TON of $$$!!

I am so excited!!! Thanks to the DIS it only took me about 12 minutes to make my ressie! Now off to work with a big smile on my face!

It's....

HAPPY DANCE TIME!!!!!

party:party:party:party:party:party:

Congrats on getting Pop, hon! I'm so happy for you. :goodvibes

I'm pretty sure you can't get the AAA discount and free dining simultaneously.

Bummer. Don't forget about the budget threads here at the DIS. There is always someone who knows of a special/ a code for upgraded rooms, etc. The issue always comes down to timing.

:banana: Congratulations :banana:

So happy to hear that you got exactly what you wanted! Makes it worth getting up early for huh? I was keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I'm going the week before you in December. :sad1: At least for now. I've been keeping my fingers crossed for a 40% code which they don't seem to be offering for my week. I may change for the right deal. :)

It's....

HAPPY DANCE TIME!!!!!

party:party:party:party:party:party:

Congrats on getting Pop, hon! I'm so happy for you. :goodvibes

Thank you, Thank you!!! :) I am so excited!! and I got a whole mornings worth of work done since I got to the office so early! :) So now I can DIS some. :lmao:

Bummer (on the fact that you can't stack discounts!) Don't forget about the budget threads here at the DIS. There is always someone who knows of a special/ a code for upgraded rooms, etc. The issue always comes down to timing.

I might need some budget threads!! 3 trips in 5 months! :scared1: No, seriously, I think I have been budgeting well for several years (no debt!) and have some stashed back for a rainy day...or a particularly SUNNY day! :yay: :yay: :yay: And all of my trips booked so far have been very good deals! :thumbsup2

:banana: Congratulations :banana:

So happy to hear that you got exactly what you wanted! Makes it worth getting up early for huh? I was keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I'm going the week before you in December. :sad1: At least for now. I've been keeping my fingers crossed for a 40% code which they don't seem to be offering for my week. I may change for the right deal. :)

Oh yeah!! And I got to work really early, too...and got a bunch of stuff done before there was anyone here to bother me! :)

Gosh...I sure hope you get that code!!

I'm totally going to keep up with this because I want to see how everything plans out for you. I'm hoping to go in September of 2010 (is it too soon for a pre-trip report? :lmao:) and I can't wait to hear how your trip goes!

I'm totally going to keep up with this because I want to see how everything plans out for you. I'm hoping to go in September of 2010 (is it too soon for a pre-trip report? :lmao:) and I can't wait to hear how your trip goes!

I hope not...because...well...I will be starting one in the next month for those dates, too!!!!

Do you know your dates? Looks like I will be back around that same time.

Crazy...I know.

Yay! on the free dining. :cool1: Yay! on the Pop. :cool1:
You are going to have a great trip.

I hope not...because...well...I will be starting one in the next month for those dates, too!!!!

Do you know your dates? Looks like I will be back around that same time.

Crazy...I know.

Not crazy at all! Well, then that makes us both crazy then! :D

We'll be going the week of, or the week after the 20th of September, because that's my mom's 50th bday. :D

Sounds like another fun trip in the making!! :thumbsup2
I can't wait to read all of your plans!
And BTW...Muffin is too cute!!:love:

And BTW...Muffin is too cute!!:love:

Did I hear my name? Did someone out there call my name? :dogdance:

You people are waking me up from my nap.

photo-1-1.jpg

I understand that you people are telling my Mommy that she should back to that place with the big castle?

Well...I have a few words for you...because every single time she goes to that castle...she packs these HUGE bags...and then I get dropped off at my Aunt Cindy's house. She is nice and all, but I want my Momma!

I know I am in trouble when she gets that big GREEN bag out! And she runs around the house. And she talks really loud on the phone. And she sits on this computer and types and types and types. And she won't play with me. :sad2: UNLESS...I throw my ball up in her lap or jump up and down with my pink toy in my mouth! Then she plays with me! Over and over and over again until I am so tired that I need another nap!

ZZZZZzzzzzzz....

photo-1-1.jpg

So, let me go back to sleep!

And please don't tell my Momma I was on this laptop.

And quit talking to her about going to see that stupid castle with all of those LOUD fireworks!

Sincerely,

Muffin paw:

photo-2.jpg

That AP is going to get some workout!! :laughing:

Kathy

I was just about to PM you!!!!!!

Because MY dog...just followed YOUR DOG...and highjacked my TR!!!

And I KNOW she got the idea from YOUR DOG!!!!!

But I can't remember your dog's name or find the post where your dog posted?

I spent most the evening yesterday working on a December trip...Making 2 room ressies in one day was a little stressful! But, alas, that is an entirely different pre-trippie that I can't start until I have pictures of all my cast!!!

So....

The next step is figuring out some restaurants we want to try in SEPTEMBER!!

First of all...Sharon has done a great job losing weight this year and we are planning on NOT spoiling that with this trip. I told her we will walk a LOT so, we will burn some of those calories...but still, we will try to be sorta smart about eating... :) Not to say that I won't have a No Way Jose... :)

This will be a strange trip...and good for dining purposes! We will only have 8 park days...so that is 8 days to eat, but we get enough credits for 9! Plus...at the end of our trip, we will have a couple of days that our focus will be elsewhere...(more details on that later...still working on those!) so we will be doing only counter service those last few days...

So...here is what I am thinking on dining...

Boma - 1 TS
Jiko - 2 TS
California Grill - 2 TS
Crystal Palace - 1 TS
Teppan Edo - 1 TS
(We have two more TS credits!)

Paying on our own: Beaches and Cream - Ice Cream only, probably

The rest will be counter service...most on the fly...but we are trying to find some good places - even with some strange food - in Epcot.

We will do Flame Tree BBQ at AK for sure! And eat at THE LAND (whatever that restaurant is!)

Sharon's favorite park is Epcot - Specifically World Showcase. And it will be her first time to do DHS and AK, so we will spend some time there, too!!!

So...what do you guys think...changes? Suggestions? Timing of these meals? :)

So, just how many trips DO you have in the works:rotfl: Oh, I'm so jealous!! Free dining would be SO fun!! I don't know how you can be smart about eating though, with all the amazing desserts available that are FREE!!!!

Boma - 1 TS
Jiko - 2 TS
California Grill - 2 TS
Crystal Palace - 1 TS
Teppan Edo - 1 TS

Boma's is DELISH! My picky husband LOVED it there. Very yummy.

I ate at Teppan Edo in October and it was very good. Great for a party of one (in case someone is lurking ;)).

Have fun!!!

Boma - 1 TS
Jiko - 2 TS
California Grill - 2 TS
Crystal Palace - 1 TS
Teppan Edo - 1 TS

I love doing Crystal Palace as an early, pre-park opening breakfast! There's nothing like the sight of a nearly-empty Main Street first thing in the morning!! :cloud9:

We've had breakfast at Boma ~ yum! ~ but it was on a no-park departure day. That is actually a great time to schedule a breakfast b/c there is no rush to finish and get touring! :thumbsup2

Kathy

Boma - 1 TS
Jiko - 2 TS
California Grill - 2 TS
Crystal Palace - 1 TS
Teppan Edo - 1 TS

I had a horrible meal at Boma, but I really think it was a fluke. All other reviews (other than mine) have been so positive, I think maybe the kitchen just had a really day.

I've never tried Jiko, but heard great things.

I love the California Grill. In addition to that, I HIGHLY recommend Citrico's. I can't speak highly enough of the food, service, ambience, etc. It's wonderful. I just reviewed it in my December trip report, if you're interested.

Love, love, love the Crystal Palace! So much fun, and great food.

I haven't been to Teppan Edo, but again, I've heard great things.

If I had to recommend other restaurants, regardless of whether they're one or two TS, they would be...

DHS - The Brown Derby, 2 TS
If you feel like getting treated like one of the kids, the Prime Time Cafe.
If you want that drive in feel, Sci Fi.

Epcot - The Coral Reef
Nine Dragons
Chefs de France (It may not be my favorite, but Mom and Nana love it)

Now, if we're dealing out of the parks, I love the Flying Fish and haven't been in years. That's a 2TS. I know that Cat Cora is supposed to be heading a restaurant to replace Spoodles, and I'm not sure if that's happening before our trips, but I think it is, so that could be fun for you if you wanted something different.

I'll see if I can come up with anything else, but those are my gut instincts right there, unless you give me more of an idea what you're looking for. :goodvibes

Another vote for Crystal Palace!!! We did lunch there...fabulous!! (Although breakfast is supposed to be great too!) And of course, the characters are SO much fun!!

Boma is one of my favorites. It's the only place I'm considering a must do for my solo trip, although I'm pretty sure I'm making a return to California Grill too. We had a fantastic meal there last year, and had the best seat in the house. It was the perfect way to wrap up our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter