• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How was Disneyland Moonlight Magic 2017?

SherylLC

DIS Veteran
Anyone attend?

How was it set up? Which rides open? How was food distributed?

Worth it?

Pretty awesome! Food carts were scattered around the park: churros (longest lines), frozen treats, popcorn, sodas/water. The water bottles ran out fairly quickly (not surprisingly). This year they allowed us to keep the beverage bottle caps but the prior year (DCA) they opened the beverage and kept the cap.

I don't recall which rides were opened/closed ... but had a blast both with rides, special Fantasmic show and Meet the Execs. We got to everything we wanted and left entirely satisfied.

Edited to add: We were allowed in a little early (before park closing) and were given wristbands. I think that most entering early were able to see the closing day fireworks if they wished.

EDITED a SECOND TIME: Here is a link to my write-up following last year's event:
#7 https://www.disboards.com/threads/moonlight-magic-at-disney-parks.3641206/#post-58483479

Pretty awesome! Food carts were scattered around the park: churros (longest lines), frozen treats, popcorn, sodas/water. The water bottles ran out fairly quickly (not surprisingly). This year they allowed us to keep the beverage bottle caps but the prior year (DCA) they opened the beverage and kept the cap.

I don't recall which rides were opened/closed ... but had a blast both with rides, special Fantasmic show and Meet the Execs. We got to everything we wanted and left entirely satisfied.

Edited to add: We were allowed in a little early (before park closing) and were given wristbands. I think that most entering early were able to see the closing day fireworks if they wished.

EDITED a SECOND TIME: Here is a link to my write-up following last year's event:
#7 https://www.disboards.com/threads/moonlight-magic-at-disney-parks.3641206/#post-58483479
THANK YOU!!!

Also went last year and it was so fun! Lines were short all evening and we got to do everything we wanted with virtually no waits. We had a wheelchair for my Mom and everyone was so nice about helping us with the wheelchair. We had our best view ever of Fantasmic and were not squished like sardines. I know we got popcorn, sodas, and maybe ice cream. The lines for Churros were long so we skipped those. We went into the park around 4 or 5 as I recall, but we live local and have APs, so we used those to get in early. We got our wristbands around 6 or 7 in Tomorrowland near the exit of Space Mountain. I am hoping i will get in for the one at DCA in November. We already have reservations at VGC for that night and the next one!

I know at WDW you need to have a DVC to stay to book one of these. Do they enforce that at DLR with so few DVC rooms? Or can any DVC member book?

Thanks!

I know at WDW you need to have a DVC to stay to book one of these. Do they enforce that at DLR with so few DVC rooms? Or can any DVC member book?

Thanks!
So far, there has NOT been a requirement to have an onsite reservation for DVC's Disneyland Resort area events.

As for the question of "any DVC member?" ... I believe the restriction remains for "qualified" memberships (retail vs resale).

The Disneyland 2017 Moonlight Magic event has been my favorite event of the three that we have done (also attended this year's events at AK and Epcot). Almost everything was fantastic, the rides were all practically walk on, the Fantasmic showings were great, lots of rare characters and we had no issue with them running out of water bottles, I am pretty sure we even grabbed one on the walk back to our hotel. The only negatives were how long it took us to get in the park (long lines and a convoluted and slow process to check in and get wristbands), long lines for food and water for most of the night (I never knew DVC members were so excited over churros, those lines were insane).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter