How We Survived The Worst Disney Trip Ever - A Honeymoon TR - FINALE!!!!!

I can give you some Horizons perspective...ok here goes!

At then end you could choose your ending by going through the desert, the ocean, or space. I remember always fighting with my niece about which we would take.

I have no memory of this, but I'm sure I must have ridden it. How exactly did you get to choose your ending? I think that would have annoyed me. I would always wonder what I was missing by not seeing the other endings.

I have no memory of this, but I'm sure I must have ridden it. How exactly did you get to choose your ending? I think that would have annoyed me. I would always wonder what I was missing by not seeing the other endings.

There was a panel with 3 buttons (I believe) and each person in the car made their selection. I believe that it was majority rule. By the way, you were in the car with your own party. So we would always discuss it and then select.

There was a panel with 3 buttons (I believe) and each person in the car made their selection. I believe that it was majority rule. By the way, you were in the car with your own party. So we would always discuss it and then select.

Ok, and then you'd go off onto a different track, or you'd see a different screen?

Last question about this. I promise!

Still looking and applying for jobs. Hoping and waiting for one job in particular that a friend of mine just quit as a receptionist at an OB/GYN office. She doesn't like working with people. But I do! I'd like to bring a little bit of "Disney" to a job. Working as a medical transcriptionist doesn't really allow for that. :surfweb: Besides, I would so totally get Mickey Mouse scrubs.

:goodvibes Good Luck on the job!

oH WHERE ARE you??! Too many day's have passed with no updates!!!!
:(
Hurry back.

Ok, and then you'd go off onto a different track, or you'd see a different screen?

Last question about this. I promise!

They would but a barrier type thing up between you and the next car so they wouldn't be able to see what you were watching. And it was on a screen in front of you, not a different track.

Ok just read your whole report and I am loving it!
We ate at the coral reef and loved it but none of us had fish! MMM the chocolate wave for dessert yummy!
I have to go watch your engagement now, but I had tears:sad: in my eyes reading about CRT. That was always a fantasy of my to be engaged in public. DIDN"T HAPPEN.
Off to watch your engagement!:surfweb:

Oh River country I went there in the 80's it was awesome! It had ropes and tires that you climbed and it had a slide that you had a like maybe 8 foot drop with nothing under you except water and air. Maybe when I find my old photo albums I will post some pictures. I asked why it isn't open anymore and the reason I was told is because it uses the lake water and it is not fit for swimming! and it would cost to much to enclose it and provide clean water.... I think they should rebuild it rather than another hotel! They are expanding the Contemporary and now talks of a multi million housing area by the golf course... I would rather more water parks !.
Can't wait to read more!!!popcorn:: popcorn::

Subbin' to your report! I found it last night and caught up to the end just now. What a fantastic descriptive writer you are!! I have read several passages out loud to my DH while reading through.

The engagement video was wonderful - how great! I will have to read the report next. Your DH sounds like a great guy - congrats.

Your threats of "worse to come" is making me nervous - hope it all turns out OK, but judging from your title, I am not getting my hopes up.

Waiting for more...
Cathy

It's been awhile without an update... I hope everything is OK, Colleen. Just remember, your loyal readers are anxiously awaiting your return... ;)

Colleen,

I finally watched your engagement video. That was so sweet! I really wish that DBF would get so creative. With the help of Disney of course.

Subscribing! I've only read the intro, but I am in!

Will catch up later this week!

Subscribing too! You're killing me with all of the suspense.popcorn:: Sounds like you were able to see the silver lining in losing your job so hope that you were able to do the same for your Disney trip. You know the saying... a bad day at Disney beats a good day just about anywhere else.... right??

Sounds like I have to go back and watch your engagement video. On a day when the DIS hasn't made me late for work (again!!):rolleyes1

Thursday, September 20, I woke up in our king-sized Animal Kingdom bed, and I knew something was very wrong.

You know what a gut feeling feels like? An undeniable truth that only you can sense?

Yeah. I was SO totally sensing I was in the first leg of a COLD.

I sniffled. I coughed. I chalked it up to "allergies."

"Come on," I said to DH, "let's go to Animal Kingdom, your favorite park."

But as we stood in line for Kilamanjaro Safaris, and I had post nasal drip as much as I was sweating in the Florida heat, I knew, OH YES, I KNEW I was getting sick.

In spite of it all, I snapped some pictures:

HONEYMOON290.jpg

HONEYMOON296.jpg

HONEYMOON297.jpg

HONEYMOON304.jpg

We went on Kali River Rapids, which is about the stupidest thing you could ever do when you have a cold, but I was still in denial.

HONEYMOON312.jpg

Then we went over to Everest to dry off.

HONEYMOON314.jpg

HONEYMOON322.jpg

And for the first time ever, we actually had time to do the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Since Animal Kingdom opened, my family and I never wanted to sacrifice riding a ride to walk on a trail. Not this year. DH really enjoyed this bit.

HONEYMOON325.jpg

HONEYMOON334.jpg

By the late afternoon, it was obvious I was sick with a cold. I broke down and cried somewhere between our trip to Animal Kingdom over to Epcot for dinner. DH just shook his head. "You're a sickie," he said. "Want to go back to the resort and rest?"

"No," I exclaimed, suddenly very proud. "We still have dinner reservations at Marrakesh and we have to see Fantastic."

DH shrugged. There was no arguing with a Disney Commando, even a sick one.

We had a nice, comforting-to-a-cold kind of dinner at Marrakesh. Chicken, cous-cous, and mint tea. Mmm.

HONEYMOON339.jpg

Then we rushed back over to The Studios for Fantasmic. An hour and a half ahead of time. Because I am THAT crazy.

HONEYMOON341.jpg

Surprisingly, DH thought Fantasmic was "just OK." He thought it was really disjointed, and would have liked to have seen more of a story. I have to admit, I kind of have to agree with him. The Pocahontas scene just seems REALLY out of place. Couldn't they do something else, something more relevant? I heard the Disneyland version is far superior. Oh well. I still love it, if only for the end, when Mickey proudly says, "Some imagination, huh?"

Oh, if only I could have imagined my sickness away. I bought some OTC cold medicine at the shop inside AKL, and crawled into bed with chills. Tears filled my eyes. How could I be THIS sick on our honeymoon?!?! WHY ME?!?!?!?!!?

Next day horrors: What it feels like to wander through Walt Disney World with a bona fide COLD, and other unpleasantries.

Great update. Sorry you got a cold on top of everything else going on. Loved your AK pics. I think Fantasmic is just OK too :goodvibes . I like Illuminations and Wishes better.

Oh NO! NOT a cold! :sad1:

And your lead-in to your next installment doesn't sound much more promising.

I'm really holding out that in the end, somehow, there is a rainbow and a pot of gold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter