How wet do you get on Khali River Rapids & How do you STAY DRY?????

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
how wet do most people get and should u remove your sneakers and socks???
what else do u do? wear a poncho?

has anyone tried to take your stuff from the center tub??

HOW HIGH IS THE DROP????????/

I dont think your allowed to remove your shoes.... I hold my feet up to avoid the splashes...

I have seen people wearing ponchos, and it helps, but if your in the super soak seats... nothing really helps.

We usually bring an extra set of light clothes like a swim suit, tee shirt and flippies just for this ride. We save it for last too, go on a few times then head back to the hotel.

As far as getting wet....Ive been on when I remained dry and have also been on and got completley soaked...it all depends on where you are when the wet spots occur.

we only go on the rapids when we WANT to get wet & cool off. We usually have some people in our group that choose not to ride, so they hold our belongings & keep them dry.

Let's put it this way... after Kali I had to stop in the nearest restroom and literally wring out my clothes! This was a hot, sunny, August day and though I did carry ponchos, I figured a little wet would be good. I actually made a puddle while standing in line for the Lion King Show, and this was after the wringing!::yes::

My shoes and sox were the least of my problems... the bin in the center was easy to view at all times so at least my camera (in a plastic bag) stayed safe and sound. Oh... and the drop... it was nothing in my book. Godd luck! :)

Just depends on how the boat spins and where you are located when it goes down the drop. The drop is not big at all, but if you are on the side that is going in first, the water comes up and over your seat and you will be soaked!! ( I know this from personal experience back in June) The lucky ones seated across from us on the "upside" were hardly wet at all. My son and I had to stop and buy a beach towel when we left the ride! Imagine that, $20 beach towels right at the exit, coincidence?? I think not!!!

Don't ride if you mind getting wet or if it is cold out.

My daughter and I wore ponchos. We were the ones that took the direct hit from Typhoon Kali. Thank God we had on ponchos or we would have had to go back to the hotel and change.

Lori

My Best tip for not getting wet on Kali is.. As long as you dont sit next to me, you will be fine.. LOL.. I always get soaked..
Thats why is always the LAST thing we do before leaving AK.

It's possible to get drenched -- as if you had jumped in a pool.

If you don't want to get wet don't go. Personally, I don't think it's that great a ride and wouldn't wait a long time in line to see it.

Last time I went on Kali Rapids was during a nice drenching Florida afternoon shower, this past July. I wasn't much wetter when I got off than when I got on. However, my 6yo son refuses to get on, even though he loves to swim. He is absolutely terrified of getting splashed! One time, we did take him along, not realizing how afraid he would be, and that time, we were in the soaker seats.

As others have said, you can get drenched if you're in the wrong seat! I wouldn't advise going on the Dinosaur ride afterwards if you're soaked, you'll freeze to death cuz it's so cold in there!!

We didn't care about getting wet, other than our sneakers. We brought our water shoes and just changed them before we go on the ride.

We have never had problems with our things in the middle compartment.

Have a great trip!

Nancy

I wear a rain poncho and take off my shoes and socks and put them under my poncho or in the center if there's room. You can get really wet if you're sitting in the wrong spot. Water just pours into the raft, sometimes filling your lap with water or coming up behind you on both sides and soaking you from head to toe. I have seen people getting off the ride and wringing out their socks.
I still like it, though. :teeth:

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Actually, getting wet--or watching those in your raft get wet--is the fun part of this ride.

Originally posted by fairytinkerbell
how wet do most people get and should u remove your sneakers and socks???
what else do u do? wear a poncho?

has anyone tried to take your stuff from the center tub??

HOW HIGH IS THE DROP????????/

Hi,

We were able to ride Khali three times in a row on this trip. We walked right on and then we were able to ride two more times without getting out of the raft.

Everyone gets wet but if you are in the seats that go down the drop backwards you get soaked.:D

You cannot remove your shoes. There is a center tub to put items in if you wish.

What we do is on days when we know that we are going to do water based rides we wear sandals, water resistant shorts and then we carry light weight rain jackets with us in our waist packs so we put those on also.

So I would say go prepared or be prepared to deal with getting soaked.:tongue:

:wave:
i agree with onemoretry::yes:: if you don't like getting wet don't go on it,we made the mistake of going on it first and we got absolutly trenched::yes:: the water was dripping off us i also bought towels and a hair brush(my hair was as if i'd just washed it)we had to go back to our hotel to change the kids because they didn't stop moaning:rolleyes:
needless to say i'm not going on it when we go this time;) the kids and dh will :crazy: but at the end of the day

eve::MinnieMo

Last year my sister-in-law got totally drenced on Kali and walked right over to the souvenier cart near the exit and dropped $90 on a whole new wardrobe including socks and underwear. Does that answer your question?

Originally posted by Crazy Kanga
Last year my sister-in-law got totally drenced on Kali and walked right over to the souvenier cart near the exit and dropped $90 on a whole new wardrobe including socks and underwear. Does that answer your question?

Thanks for giving me a good laugh this morning. My husband and I have always commented on how the placing of that cart is a great examle of Disney's marketing genius.

I always pack a lightweight pair of flip flops that I change into for any wet rides - that way I'm not walking around in wet shoes/socks all day.
:)

This past Tuesday we all rode Khali...everyone had a poncho on... after the first trip one of my sisters got off she went down in the wrong seat...soaked...after the second trip I got off, because I had lucked up twice and was sill dry...leaving one sister and six nieces and nephews with her all under the age of 11. They rode a total of five times, even with the ponchos they were all soaked, but laughing like hyenas, until they had to walk around with wet shoes...or while eating lunch at the Rainforest.

You used to be able to take shoes off and put them in the center compartment if there was room.

As for getting wet, I bought ponchos at a dollar store at home and brought them to be ready for any weather emergency. We used them on Kali and handed them to people waiting on line when we were done. My DH decided he wanted to get wet so he opted not to wear his poncho. Of course he ended up being in the only seat that didn't get wet at all!:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter