How wet do you get on Khali River Rapids & How do you STAY DRY?????

OK, I get wet... but is it worth it? Is the ride themed well? What I mean is, Splash Mountain would be just a flume ride without the story elements surrounding it, and Tower of Terror would be just another tower drop ride without all of the stuff surrounding it. So does Kali have have enough of a "story" to justify me getting drenched in January? Thanks!

If I remember correctly, the ponchos at WDW were kinda pricey. I went to my local dollar store before our trip and picked up a few packages (2 in a package for $1). They're small, flat and easy to pack because they take up almost no room!

Nobody should ride this expecting to stay dry, ponchos or no ponchos.

It's a short ride and not particularly interesting (the queue line is far more interesting than the ride). The only reason to ride this one is to get wet.

Riders are no longer permitted to remove shoes. You could probably change into pool shoes, but all riders must now wear shoes.

Somehow, my son always seems to be the one in the soaked seat, unless he sits with me. Or the raft will turn enough so that I get a little wet and he still gets soaked. We usually wind up buying him a new T-shirt because the one he is wearing is so wet. Once we even bought him some new shorts (which have become his favorite ones). Everyone will get wet. If by some chance you don't get wet going down the slope, someone will squirt you with the elephant water guns right before you get back to the dock. Especially if you look dryer than the others.

We usually keep this for the last ride of the morning/afternoon and head to the water park afterwards. We might even wear our bathing suits under our clothes.

And you can't remove your shoes.

We always ride KRR at the very end of our Animal Kingdom day. Then we just hustle out to the car and go straight back to our hotel, or else we bring a COMPLETE change of clothes if we're heading somewhere else.

Apparently our children are trying to set some kind of World's Record, because we rode it 10 times in a row last January. Trust me, even with ponchos and feet up on the bars, riding it 10 times absolutely GUARANTEES that you'll be drenched. We use our T-shirts & ponchos for the ride, and then strip them off and change into a sweatshirt for the walk out of the park. Even in cooler January weather that keeps us warm enough to get to the car fairly comfortably.

Most of the fun of the ride, though, is seeing who is going to get drenched.

Originally posted by Uncleromulus
Actually, getting wet--or watching those in your raft get wet--is the fun part of this ride.

That's right! When I went on Kali, I got soaked. Met a lady on the tram ride back (I was still wet 2 hours later) and she was so envious. She was so disappointed that she'd gone on Kali and hadn't gotten wet. Me, I wore my soaking clothes proudly. As Sparky Griswold says, "It's all part of the experience!"

I just found my poncho from our last trip. I was the only dry one on the ride. YAY:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I'm always the one in our group to get soaked but I love it!! I don't, however, like walking around in a "wet tshirt" so I always bring an extra shirt in a ziplock bag and change when we're done riding.

After reading this thread I decided to bring along my short sleeve rashguard to wear that day and maybe some surf shorts too. This way I'll probably dry faster after I get off the ride.

TDC Nala is right--it's a short ride. Too short .
Too bad Disney didn't spend the extra bucks to lengthen the ride enough so that instead of just a "good" ride, they'd have a great ride. Goodness knows they had enough room to do that---.

I hate walking around the park soaked so I have only ridden Kali on one occasion.

It was pouring down rain anyway, and I was wearing a full rain suit and my Teva type sandals. I rode it 8 times in a row. Yes I got drenched in my rain suit, but my clothes underneath were dry :-)

Carol

Originally posted by fairytinkerbell
how wet do most people get and should u remove your sneakers and socks???
what else do u do? wear a poncho?

has anyone tried to take your stuff from the center tub??

HOW HIGH IS THE DROP????????/

We wear ponchos. It doesn't keep you completely dry, but it does help.

During the ride, try to keep your feet off the floor and up on the bottom of the railing in the center of the tub.

As far as a drop, I don't remember it being particularly high or steep.

We always get wet, andDisney is a marketing genious, they sell $20 towels on your way out of the ride.

My little daughter last year, age 5, she was the smallest on the boat, she ended up in the super soaker seat. She got a direct hit every time! I was next to her, so I had my share of wetness, but this poor little thing look like a drowned rat by the end! I bought her a Princess towel.

MaryKatesMom

thats a good idea, this way i won't have to carry it all day. thank you. Do you think they sell them everywhere? I live in RI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter