How wet do you get on POTC?

OP, it is much better than it was a few years ago when they changed the boats. We regularly go to WDW 3-5 times a year & ride 2 or 3 times a trip. There are still a few times recently that we have gotten more wet than a few drops. I think the drop part really depends on how the boat is loaded. If there are several “larger” adults in the front, the wave of water seems worse. The splashing from the cannonballs is very random. Sometimes it’s worse than others. But if you’re unlucky & get a more forceful blast right next to you, you will get more than just drops on you. Worse than you would have 10 years ago, but less than the issues a few years ago.

Two weeks ago I got slightly wet pants from sides, hit by a couple cannon blasts. Son got slightly wet by blasts. Been on it maybe a dozen times in last year and about 50/50 if hit with water, not soaking wet but def visible water on clothes.

It is random and seems to depend on timing and weight of boat.

View attachment 714727
I agree that it seems to vary depending on how the boat is loaded/weight distribution.
I’ve sometimes gotten my seat pretty wet going down the drop
OP, it is much better than it was a few years ago when they changed the boats. We regularly go to WDW 3-5 times a year & ride 2 or 3 times a trip. There are still a few times recently that we have gotten more wet than a few drops. I think the drop part really depends on how the boat is loaded. If there are several “larger” adults in the front, the wave of water seems worse. The splashing from the cannonballs is very random. Sometimes it’s worse than others. But if you’re unlucky & get a more forceful blast right next to you, you will get more than just drops on you. Worse than you would have 10 years ago, but less than the issues a few years ago.
Yep. I’ve been unlucky and gotten hit with a pretty good blast from the cannonballs.

I believe that you've never noticed it. That you've NEVER seen it? I'm doubtful.
I was the original mistaken poster. I also rode that ride too many times to count and never saw it. That‘s the problem when warnings are ubiquitous. People disregard them as being part of the visual noise. There must not be similar signs farther down the queue, contrary to Splash mountain.

For reference, from a quick Google images search, it is positioned between both lanes at the entrance of the ride.

Unless you jump out of the boat into the water, you will hardly get wet at all. Maybe a few splashes.

For reference, from a quick Google images search, it is positioned between both lanes at the entrance of the ride.
Well there you go. I’m probably always too busy singing “yo ho” at the top of my lungs to NOTICE it; maybe you’re that other guy doing the same 😂 Forget how important it is to use precise language on an internet message board…….

I’ve ridden POTC hundreds of times and never gotten wet. I might have got a droplet on me from the cannons but that about it. They do not have signs saying ‘you might get wet’ for that ride.
In his defense, I’ve ridden Pirates a million times and have NEVER seen that sign that was posted upthread. Clearly it’s there somewhere, but idk where.
It is a large sign on the wall right between the Standby and LL entrances.

1671322350226.png

It is a large sign on the wall right between the Standby and LL entrances.
You have been warned... :)

I am curious, was that sign always there? I guess it was but I really do not recall seeing it until after the first time I got really wet.

You have been warned... :)

I am curious, was that sign always there? I guess it was but I really do not recall seeing it until after the first time I got really wet.
This photo is from 2015 ~ so it's been out front for at least 7 years.

1671379054265.png

I was there a few days ago and as the boat dropped at the beginning, a wave of water splashed me and the left side of my shorts was very wet. I was on the left side of the boat, about 3/4 of the way back. Fortunately, it was a warm day so the water dried off after a couple hours.

I’ve ridden POTC hundreds of times and never gotten wet. I might have got a droplet on me from the cannons but that about it. They do not have signs saying ‘you might get wet’ for that ride.

They actually do have signs that you may get wet, but I think its a "just in case" kind of thing. I've never gotten wet on it.

I have seen signs in line. Can't tell you where exactly, but when you go solo you tend to stand around noticing more things :confused3

How wet just depends on the boat seating & weight distribution. You may get nothing, you may get a splash from the effects or you may be the unfortunate one that gets the backsplash from the wall if the boat is really off kilter. Sit close to the center of your row not on the edge is my advice. I have never been soaked or near that level, but sometimes I get an ill timed splash from the special effects.

As far as I remember Pirates has had the may get wet warning, I think people just miss seeing it. I've got wet on it but not soaked. When you get on the boat and see water in the middle of the seat that tells you something lol and we've had that enough. We tend to either get the front of the boat or the back of the boat not asking for seems to just be mostly our luck. Those spots seem to have more chance of getting wet.

I think people aren't remembering the stories from several years back about the boats and how people were getting much wetter than in the past. The weight and distribution of guests also impacts this.

You won't get wet enough for it to matter. I think the drop at DL is slightly bigger than WDW - i can't remember ever getting anything more than some spray from effects at WDW. At DL i've been splashed on from the drop in the front row, but in the back rows that won't be a problem.

Pirates is nothing like Splash Mtn or certainly Kali Rapids.

I've gotten slightly wet, but never soaked on it.
When in the front, we've a little wet on the drop, which also got us in rows 3 and 4 from side splashes.
The cannonball splash also got us in row 5 and 6, but only a little bit.
A little damp is still well worth the ride.

It depends on the weight in the front of the boat compared to the back, and how much water is in the canal the boat travels in. We were there after a few days of rain and the water was deeper than I remembered it from previous trips. We got in the second row - saw water pooled up in the front area and was directed not to sit up there.

I’ve been on pirates dozens of times, I’ve definitely gotten soaked before, once in the front row I got the wave at the bottom of the waterfall, followed by the cannon. Real one in a million day that day. Usually it’s just a splash.
if getting wet is a concern, sit in the middle of the middle rows.

How wet do you get on POTC? We are going in early December and don't want to be walking around wet all day. Several years ago when we were last there, it seemed they were having issues with people getting very wet. Thanks for any recent experiences.
Not as wet as Frozen Ever After. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter