How would you feel about this? Inviting extended family member to travel with us.

I am in agreement with everyone else that I would definitely not propose that a 12-year-old fly home alone while the everyone else finishes their vacation. Since your husband isn't on board with changing your family's plans to accommodate her, I would say the clear choice is to not invite her.

I may be wrong, but I also don't think that she could ride DME back to the airport alone, so at least 1 adult will be unavailable the day she returns as they would have to take her back to MCO and then wait with her to get on the plane and then get back to the parks. Not something I would want tying up my day. Take her the whole trip and just stay at AoA the whole time.

...I want to address your split stay though. No matter where you choose, please remember that your fp will open and close based on each individual reservation. If I was planning that trip I would pick a resort and stay put so I had a longer fp option

Regardless of your niece on the trip or not, this could be very important for your DHS plans. With a split stay you will have to wait until 60 days from the 2nd reservation to book FP+ for those days. If you stay at AoA as 1 reservation you can book FP+ for the full trip at 60 days from arrival.

Enjoy your vacation!

Don’t want to pile on...but I wouldn’t invite her if she can’t stay for the whole trip. It’s not really fair to her especially if she has to fly by herself as an inexperienced traveler. I guess what it boils down too is which do you want more- the split stay or having her the entire time. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy Galaxy’s edge.

Regardless of your niece on the trip or not, this could be very important for your DHS plans. With a split stay you will have to wait until 60 days from the 2nd reservation to book FP+ for those days. If you stay at AoA as 1 reservation you can book FP+ for the full trip at 60 days from arrival.

Enjoy your vacation!

Exactly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter