How would you get back to the Fort?

the4moores

Mouseketeer
We are having dinner at Cape May Cafe at Beach club. We will be using tickets at Epcot that day. How would you get back? Walk through Epcot and catch bus? Epcot monorail (which I've never taken) transfer to other monorail then take boat from MK or Contempory? Head over to DHS and take bus from there? Any other options?

If the Studios is still open, then walk or boat to the Studios and catch a bus directly back to the Fort.

If Epcot is still open, (or Illuminations is still going on), then go back into Epcot and head out the front entrance to the bus.

(If Epcot is closed, but Illuminations is still going on, most CMs will still let you in, but if they give you a hard time, tell them that your car is parked in the front parking lot.)

If Epcot and Studios are closed and MK is still open, then take a bus from the front of Beach Club to MK, then a boat to Ft. Wilderness.

If everything is closed, then a bus to DTD, then a bus to Ft. Wilderness.

(Or call a cab, less than $15)

(Or call a cab, less than $15)

I don't know what cab co. you use but I want the number. Last year we sat in the I-4 parking lot and ran out of diesel under the welcome to WDW sign. I called a cab to take me to the Hess by the racetrack and he charged me $35. Expensive lesson not to fill up on 95.

I think the DHS bus sounds best. If not the monorail is fun.

I don't know what cab co. you use but I want the number. Last year we sat in the I-4 parking lot and ran out of diesel under the welcome to WDW sign. I called a cab to take me to the Hess by the racetrack and he charged me $35. Expensive lesson not to fill up on 95.

I think the DHS bus sounds best. If not the monorail is fun.

Wow, that is steep. We've taken several cabs around Disney property, and it's never been more than $15.

Carol gave you the full rundown, but just wanted to add that the Studios option is the best. The boat ride is shorter, and the walk is dramatically shorter.

ShantaClausSm.png

I have take cabs from various resorts to another and it has never been more than $15.

Hmm sounds like someone knew you were in a pinch and they took advantage. I've had those occasions.

We just timed it today from EPCOT to Fort Wilderness taking the boat and Monorail. It was 45 minutes on the way there (boat to MK, monorail to TTC, then monorail to EPCOT) and 50 minutes on the way back (reverse order).

I hate having to fold the stroller and heave it onto the bus, so I prefer to take the boat and monorail, where you don't have to fold the stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter