• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How you know when your getting old thread

When you don't care what anyone thinks about your opinions.

I think it is important to respect others opinions, no matter how old & set in your ways you get or how different from your own it is. That doesn't mean you have to change your own opinion or outlook or do anything different because someone else would do it different, though.

I think it is important to respect others opinions, no matter how old & set in your ways you get or how different from your own it is. That doesn't mean you have to change your own opinion or outlook or do anything different because someone else would do it different, though.

Of course - doesn't change what I said though. :)

Of course - doesn't change what I said though. :)

To be honest I actually misread your post until I was done posting mine. I though you said the opposite that you don't care about OTHERS opinions. Not that you don't care if others care about YOUR opinion. But either way we all need to respect that others have a right to their opinion and that we don't all have to agree.

Mine happened at work. Was getting along really well with a co-worker, we would sometimes go out for lunch together, talk about life, etc. I thought we were "friends". Then I found out later she referred to me as her "work mom". LOL. Made me feel old all right!

:eeyore:When you can't paint your toes very well anymore, when that nine yr old aching knee is getting ripe for surgery, spider veins, swollen ankles, hooking your seatbelt,
giving up on coloring your hair, thinning hair on your head but not on your chinny chin chin...the morning shuffle, your list of Doctors and pills is getting longer,
and all of the above stuff. No wonder we have to go on a Disney Cruise! (oh and scooters are more tempting than ever in the parks):moped:

Last edited:
To be honest I actually misread your post until I was done posting mine. I though you said the opposite that you don't care about OTHERS opinions. Not that you don't care if others care about YOUR opinion. But either way we all need to respect that others have a right to their opinion and that we don't all have to agree.

Of course others have the right to their own opinion, but I certainly don't have to respect that opinion.

Last edited:

Being called ma'am
Night sweats
Thinking everything is too PC and longing for the days when people could have a civilized debate and still be friends if they disagreed.

I had this epiphany last week. I tried to watch the MTV Video Music Awards and I had no idea who half the people were. I didn't think I was old...I am definitely old.

HA! We watched it too for Sebastian Maniscalco. Bummer he was only on for 3 minutes. I had no clue who half of those performers were. I just learned who Lizzo was from the Today Show. :rotfl2: But in all fairness, I had heard her music on the radio (for a hot second), I flip the radio when that "nonsense" comes on. :P

I think when a women gets night sweats or just a hot flash, its soo sexy, but I also learned if you tell them, they will kill you with the lazer that shoots out of there eyes

Don't have daytime hot flashes (yet) but the night sweats are no joke. Waking up to a freezing cold room and yet dripping of sweat is not one iota of sexy. :sad2: And yes, we will kill you with our laser beam death stare.

Quite literally.

Don't have daytime hot flashes (yet) but the night sweats are no joke. Waking up to a freezing cold room and yet dripping of sweat is not one iota of sexy. :sad2: And yes, we will kill you with our laser beam death stare.
OMG! Me too. I went this winter from needing flannel sheets, two blankets, a comforter & mattress heating pad to most nights just the flannel sheet and that gets thrown off half the time.

your purposely trying to turn me on, and its working. But yes am very afraid of death stare, so I will keep my feelings to myself

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter