How young is too young

I think it really depends on the kid. I would think around 15 would be a good age, but it varies. Some 15 year olds are more mature than others. Also, it would probably depend on where and for how long. But no matter what, make sure they would be going to the park with a friend or at least one other person so they won't be along. Safety in numbers! And a cell phone and a little extra cash for an emergency wouldn't hurt either.
Best of luck!

Well my parents let me start roaming disneyland by myself when I was 9. BUT!!!!! I know the park like the back of my hand and I was very mature for my age. So if there younger i'd say let em go if they know the park and have some means of contacting you to meet up, but i'm sure a 13 year old would be fine in the park with no knowing at all and like I said just make sure they have means of contacting you.

Hoped this helped.
PJ

this realllllly depends on the kid. i'd say the kid should be at least 14/15 though. i'd love to roam the park by myself, but my parents always make me take my little brother with me...lol

I think by high school, but it may depend on the kid, though I just went on a trip this year to WDW with school chorus & band. We roamed the parks on our own and we were all fine, though I think if you don't have enough knowledge of the layout of the parks it can be overwhelming. Without me, my friends would get lost. So, I think by high school and probably late pre-teens, if they are ready.

I have never done this before so I don't know. However, I have rode on stuff without my family.

Roaming:15
Roaming with friend:11
ride alone with adult outside of ride:9
Unless of course you go all the time and know the park really really well but for someone like me who goes like once a year I think these are good because you never really know.

I know Disneyland is a lot bigger than any theme park in the UK but my school lets us go around in groups once a year in the theme parks in the UK (which are probably less child friendly that Disney) with kids as young as 12/13. Of course, there have never been any problems but the parks are also probably a lot smaller than Disney :P pirate:

I think 14 but again like everyone is saying it depends on the child. If he/she is mature enough or not. My mom and dad said they will let me roam with my friend this time. We are both 12. So I would say 13 or 14 at the least!!:hug::confused3:thumbsup2

I think it may depend on which park.....and how crowded.

My mom has always let me go through Disneyland. I'm 16 now.....but when I was about 13 she would let me go off and get food or something alone. When I had just turned 15 she let my bf and I go off alone in the park all day......I think with a friend its different.
Depending on the maturity of the child/teen its really up to you as a parent.

It depends on the type of teen and the situation. For example, when I first roamed the parks alone I was 14, and I had my 13 and 9 year old sisters with me. My mother was at the hotel cause she wasn't feeling good... but I've been told I'm overly mature for my age and I've been going to Disney since I was a itty bitty baby so I know the parks and their systems like the back of my hand. I just went a couple of weeks ago with my best friend, and she is 16 and I'm 15, and we both know the parks really well. So not a great example, but just to compare.

Like everyone says, it depends on the kid. if they get paranoid that they will loose you forever (like me) don't let them go.for example, i would love to see the parks by myself but i would be SO busy freaking out over the littlest, stupidest things it wouldn't be any fun. if they don't care that much, i would say 14-16. make sure they have their phones with them and they are charged. if their phone dies, they loose it, or don't have one, make sure they know your number and find any phone in the park. they're usually near the bathrooms. and someone else mentioned going on rides by themselves. i've done that for a few years and it's not bad. as long as you have a meeting place, all is good :)
Hope this helps!,
Taylor

i've never done it but i figure the age of 14 or so is around the sort of time that a kid would be okay wandering off alonesome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter