howard johnson

kjsixpack

Earning My Ears
I need to book one more room and it is too late for a resort at the rate I consider affordable.
I found rooms at the:

Howard Johnson Maingate East
6051 West Irlo Bronson Highway
Kissimmee, FL 34747

What is the general opinion about this facility? My 18 year old son will be staying there (he couldn't figure out if he would be going with us until it was late). Has anybody been there?

I am considering staying there this summer as well and would like to hear some opinions on this hotel.

Hi. We just got back from spending 11 days at HJME. WE had a great stay. It is very standard without special amenities, but it served us just fine. We took an upgrade of only $5/night more and got a good size fridge, sink, stove, microwave and dishes and a view of the main pool. The maid service was good...always clean. The pools were warm and the hot tub was great. We would definitely go back again.

Dawn -
Any comment on the shuttle service - was it on time, how long did it take to get to the parks on average?
Thanks!

I'm sorry. I don't have much info on that. We rent a car. We used it once a couple of years ago when we stayed there and we didn't have any problems. We would just rather have a little more freedom to come and go as we please. We saw buses coming and going alot so I think you have different time slots to choose from. As far as getting to the parks, it doesn't take maybe 10 minutes to get into WDW, and then a few more minutes to get to whichever park you want. HJME is just a mile or two away. Quick and easy.

Thanks for the response!

HoJo guest services said it "sometimes" shares the shuttle with other hotels, but that the average time to the parks is 20 minutes, and MK is much quicker.

AKS

Do you mind posting the price per night. Looking for a cheap/nice place for a few college girls for a week in March. Thanks

I have $29.95/night from valuetrips.com, which is as good as I can find and I think I've checked everywhere (Expedia, Hotwire, Dreams Unlim, etc). No comp breakfast, but Kids eat free at IHOP right next door - maybe not important on a Girls Trip ; )

Shuttle notes: they have scheduled service TO the MK *ONLY*. They have about 5 runs from 7.45a- 12.15p. The shuttle will pick up at ALL the parks starting at 3.45p. In other words, you can't take the shuttle back to the hotel midday to eat or play offsite. This is important to some people with kids. A cab ride (according to guest services) will run about $17.

There was another post somewhere looking for a comp of HoJo vs. Holiday Inn MG. I got an Entertainment card rate of $45/night for a room or $79/suite at HIMGE; they also have shuttle service with the same kinds of time restrictions, but it does drop off at all Disney parks. Guest services said a cab from MK would run about $19 with tip. Kids eat free, no comp breakfast.

Good luck!

leslieh, my original price was 32.50/night and then I took an upgrade to a what they called "deluxe" room for 37.50night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter