How's my Itinerary look? Any suggestions or advice?

Mariannekay

Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same a
First off, it's me, my DS (20) and his friend (19). We are going 9/4 thru 9/11, staying at CSR. We'll be driving down and arriving around 5 pm. Here's my plan:

Day 1: check into CSR, head to MK to pick up PP+ lanyard, CS dinner, hopefully attend TTDP before we head back to the resort.

Day 2: MK rope drop, line up for BOG lunch at approx 10:30 (is this early enough?), play all day at MK until our 6:30 adr at Chef Mickey. Back to MK til closing, head back to CSR.

Day 3: The boys and are are splitting up this day and I'm going solo! (I'm looking forward to this!) I have an 8:15 adr at Kona (what time should I set off for the Poly to make this adr? an hour prior?) I have the next 4 months to decide if I want to try the Tonga Toast or the Macademia pancakes.:confused3 After breakfast, I plan to resort hop...I'll check out the Poly, GF, CR, then head to WL (is there a boat to WL from the Poly? I thought I'd read that somewhere) Next, I'm headed to Epcot to take the Behind the Seeds tour and have lunch at SS. Next I plan to check out the Boardwalk and try a treat from Boardwalk Bakery (any suggestions?). After this, if time permits, I may head to HS to take in a show or an animation class. I have an adr at Boma at 6:15 and afterwards I'll head back to Epcot to meet my boys for Illuminations and EMH.

Day 4: Epcot Day, no adrs today...we'll eat a CS lunch in WS. When we're ready, we'll head to DTD to shop and have dinner at WPE before we head back to CSR.

Day 5: Animal Kingdom all day, eating CS (prob. Yak & Yeti...is it good?) When we are done we may head back to CSR for a swim/hot tub/Pina Colada before heading to MK for EMH. I have a 9:30 adr at CRT which I'm so looking forward to (bucket list!)! Always wanted to see the fireworks from this perspective!pixiedust:

Day 6: HS day, we plan to be there for rope drop (gotta get FP for TSMM!) 12:05 adr for MM Fantasmic Pkge., play at HS all day, CS dinner (but where?) Watch Fantasmic! and stay for EMH.

Day 7: Back to MK, have an 8:05 adr for CP (how early can we enter the park?). Planning on doing the KTTK tour at 9:30 (bucket list!) Afterwards, we have a 5:05 adr at 'Ohana before our MNSSHP night!

Day 8: Starting off at Epcot for our last day, 11:30 adr lunch at Via Napoli, return to MK for a farewell Mt. trio ride and dole whip before we start the sad journey home:guilty: (We are actually just headed over to my Mom's house west of Tampa for the night before we head home on Day 9!)

So, how does it look? I hear that crowds are really low this time of year...I really hope that's true! So excited!:banana: Your feedback would be much appreciated!

I just read your itinerary....sounds good ill give some feedback in a lil bit ...I wanna dig into it some more

First off, it's me, my DS (20) and his friend (19). We are going 9/4 thru 9/11, staying at CSR. We'll be driving down and arriving around 5 pm. Here's my plan:

Day 1: check into CSR, head to MK to pick up PP+ lanyard, CS dinner, hopefully attend TTDP before we head back to the resort.

Day 2: MK rope drop, line up for BOG lunch at approx 10:30 (is this early enough?), play all day at MK until our 6:30 adr at Chef Mickey. Back to MK til closing, head back to CSR.

Day 3: The boys and are are splitting up this day and I'm going solo! (I'm looking forward to this!) I have an 8:15 adr at Kona (what time should I set off for the Poly to make this adr? an hour prior?) I have the next 4 months to decide if I want to try the Tonga Toast or the Macademia pancakes.:confused3 After breakfast, I plan to resort hop...I'll check out the Poly, GF, CR, then head to WL (is there a boat to WL from the Poly? I thought I'd read that somewhere) Next, I'm headed to Epcot to take the Behind the Seeds tour and have lunch at SS. Next I plan to check out the Boardwalk and try a treat from Boardwalk Bakery (any suggestions?). After this, if time permits, I may head to HS to take in a show or an animation class. I have an adr at Boma at 6:15 and afterwards I'll head back to Epcot to meet my boys for Illuminations and EMH.

Day 4: Epcot Day, no adrs today...we'll eat a CS lunch in WS. When we're ready, we'll head to DTD to shop and have dinner at WPE before we head back to CSR.

Day 5: Animal Kingdom all day, eating CS (prob. Yak & Yeti...is it good?) When we are done we may head back to CSR for a swim/hot tub/Pina Colada before heading to MK for EMH. I have a 9:30 adr at CRT which I'm so looking forward to (bucket list!)! Always wanted to see the fireworks from this perspective!pixiedust:

Day 6: HS day, we plan to be there for rope drop (gotta get FP for TSMM!) 12:05 adr for MM Fantasmic Pkge., play at HS all day, CS dinner (but where?) Watch Fantasmic! and stay for EMH.

Day 7: Back to MK, have an 8:05 adr for CP (how early can we enter the park?). Planning on doing the KTTK tour at 9:30 (bucket list!) Afterwards, we have a 5:05 adr at 'Ohana before our MNSSHP night!

Day 8: Starting off at Epcot for our last day, 11:30 adr lunch at Via Napoli, return to MK for a farewell Mt. trio ride and dole whip before we start the sad journey home:guilty: (We are actually just headed over to my Mom's house west of Tampa for the night before we head home on Day 9!)

So, how does it look? I hear that crowds are really low this time of year...I really hope that's true! So excited!:banana: Your feedback would be much appreciated!

Hello Marianne from Baton Rouge ! You know sometimes we've done some dismeets at the Mall of LA ! Let me know if you want to plan something !

Okay now to your plan....
I am planning a trip for a coworker and just saw Crowd levels for 9/3-10 and they are LOW! 1' s,. 2's and 3's ! so congrats !
MK CS dinner I recommend Cosmic Ray's. Not sure what TTDP is ??
Word of warning... GOOD luck getting up "kids" of this age... Very difficult to do RD with the 16-23 yr olds but maybe you have a handle on this so Good for you if so... :)
CSR to Poly....Do some research on this.... I'm not the best to answer. I would probably bus to MK and then boat or monorail to Poly.....

It doesn't hurt to leave an hour early... They have often taken me early for meals .... but if not the Poly is a beautiful resort to explore....Day 3 seems to have too much transportation .... try to scale down on that.... if you can.
Day 4 - I highly recommend ADR's in Epcot... it is the culinary pinnacle for Parks ! Check out and see what you might be able to get... My DS21 loves Teppan Edo... I love Le Cellier. Maybe exchange your Boma the day prior .

(not putting Boma down... just in interest of time)
I'm a HUGE Yak & Yeti TS fan (not done CS but heard good things).... I'm also a HUGE CRT Fan... Kudos to you on this ressie I do think the "kids" will enjoy it !

I am also a Huge Fantasmic Dining fan... having done F! Dining from ALL Locations ... Mama Melrose is now my favorite. My favorite CS at DHS is Catalina Eddies'.... .There is an Outdoor area between Tot and Rnr that has a plethora of CS choices that will be perfect for you and the guys....

Catalina Eddies is there and has a great italian sandwich.

What other thoughts ?

(HUGS Have a magical visit !

Mary

Hello Marianne from Baton Rouge ! You know sometimes we've done some dismeets at the Mall of LA ! Let me know if you want to plan something !

Okay now to your plan....
I am planning a trip for a coworker and just saw Crowd levels for 9/3-10 and they are LOW! 1' s,. 2's and 3's ! so congrats !
MK CS dinner I recommend Cosmic Ray's. Not sure what TTDP is ??
Word of warning... GOOD luck getting up "kids" of this age... Very difficult to do RD with the 16-23 yr olds but maybe you have a handle on this so Good for you if so... :)
CSR to Poly....Do some research on this.... I'm not the best to answer. I would probably bus to MK and then boat or monorail to Poly.....

It doesn't hurt to leave an hour early... They have often taken me early for meals .... but if not the Poly is a beautiful resort to explore....Day 3 seems to have too much transportation .... try to scale down on that.... if you can.
Day 4 - I highly recommend ADR's in Epcot... it is the culinary pinnacle for Parks ! Check out and see what you might be able to get... My DS21 loves Teppan Edo... I love Le Cellier. Maybe exchange your Boma the day prior .

(not putting Boma down... just in interest of time)
I'm a HUGE Yak & Yeti TS fan (not done CS but heard good things).... I'm also a HUGE CRT Fan... Kudos to you on this ressie I do think the "kids" will enjoy it !

I am also a Huge Fantasmic Dining fan... having done F! Dining from ALL Locations ... Mama Melrose is now my favorite. My favorite CS at DHS is Catalina Eddies'.... .There is an Outdoor area between Tot and Rnr that has a plethora of CS choices that will be perfect for you and the guys....

Catalina Eddies is there and has a great italian sandwich.

What other thoughts ?

(HUGS Have a magical visit !

Mary

Hey Neighbor!! Thanks for taking the time to go over my plans! I'm looking so forward to this trip, and it's really just right around the corner!

I'm really glad to hear some confirmation on the low crowds! I was there for a day visit on Labor Day week one year and remember that it was the least crowds I'd ever experienced! I was hoping it wasn't just a fluke lol!

As far as CS at MK, I agree that Cosmic Rays is great! We really just need something light as I'm going to try for adrs for the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party (TTDP) that night.

I was also glad for the CS recommendation for HS because I've never eaten any CS there before! I am looking forward to the F! Pkge at MM. We've never seen the show before and I've heard good things about Mama's!

As far as my day 3 plans go, I have huge expectations for that day! I'm pretty flexible on the resort hopping...if it gets to be too much I'll probably just head to a park. I do want to keep my Boma though...I've never been to AKL and really look forward to seeing it. Also, since I'll be dining solo that night I decided to take advantage of getting to enjoy some if favorite types of cuisine!

Thanks Mary for the great advice! I really appreciate it :)

What would be my best bet for getting to my early adr at Kona coming from CSR? How long should I plan for travel? Any other thoughts or suggestions on my plan? Am I missing anything?

Hi!! My family and I will be visiting the world the same time. We have our ADRs set for Ohana, at the same time as you! I'm excited about MNSSHP that night, it's our first party!
Hope you have a great trip! Sounds like fun!

Boma, and all of AKL, are wonderful!!! You will love it!!!!! One of our favorite restaurants!!!

Hey Marianne;

Here is a link to our MM F! review... with pics.... It was really a fabulous meal....
we ended up at TSMM (FP's) RIGHT before Fantasmic started... and actually RAN Through the park.... to get to Fantasmic !

I was expecting any of the CM's to stop us (we were not there for the deadline) but none did... and since almost all seats were taken but a handicapped area was almost empty.. they told us to sit there and we might have to give up our seats.
The view was FABULOUS! My third time seeing F! and it was magical as always....

My F! tip: Don't expect to get food or drink once you enter the arena...if you will want them... buy them and bring them with you.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...se_s_Ristorante_Italiano-Orlando_Florida.html

Your plans look pretty great!

Two things I wanted to warn you about: You really won't have much of a view of Wishes from CRT. I would not cancel the ADR because of this if I were you, but I didn't want you to have your heart set on seeing Wishes from the windows of the restaurant.

Also-in my experience Crystal Palace service can be incredibly slow. Ask for your check as soon as possible and pay while you're still eating so that you don't risk being late for your tour (how awesome! On my bucket list too!) They'll probably let you in at about 7:45.

(can you tell I have a little princess and do a lot of character dining? :rotfl:)

Give yourself at least an hour to get to Kona. On our last trip we were held up several times on our way to MK area breakfasts by monorail breakdowns (and the boats likely won't be running yet).

On your DHS day have you considered hopping over to Beaches and Cream for dinner? It's a tastier option than any at DHS, and you could take a little break from the parks without going all the way back to the resort.

Have fun planning, and have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter