Hows my itinerary look?

bellecee

Earning My Ears
Hi guys!
I'm going to WDW with my partner for the first time in April.
We are staying at The Art of Animation resort from 2nd April - 10th April

Since I've had to book some ADR I've tried planning out our days to try figure out what we want to do and what time we may want FPs and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed!
We are from Australia and most likely won't get to come back to WDW so I really don't want to miss anything!

2nd April
Just look around Disney Springs after we've checked in.

3rd April - Magic Kingdom
Get to Magic Kingdom at Rope Drop.
Try and ride as many of these first thing in the morning:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
It's a Small World
Under The Sea

11am FP for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train
12pm FP for Peter Pan's Flight.

Festival of Fantasy Parade at 3pm then head over to Frontierland

4pm FP for Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Walt Disneys Railroad

9pm fireworks

4th April - Animal Kingdom
8:40am Tusker House reservation
10:30am FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris
12pm FP for Avatar Flight of Passage

Festival of the Lion King show
Finding Nemo show
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
Navi River Journey

5th April - Hollywood Studios
Probably have a sleep in, haven't really planned this day..
FP for Toy Story Midway Mania , not sure what time
FP for Fantasmic!

6th April - Epcot
Don't really have a plan for this day.
10:30am FP for Soarin'

7th April
Probably go to Sea World this day & then
5:15pm reservation at Rainforest Cafe
6:30pm FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris

8th April
9:05am reservation at 1900 Park Fare
Resort day.

9th April
8:20am reservation at Crystal Palace
10am FP for Pirates of the Caribbean
12pm FP for Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Tomorrowland Speedway
PeopleMover
Enchanted Tiki Room

On your MK day you could probably get Peter Pan in when you rope drop and save the FP for BTMR. I think your plan is very doable overall.

I would FP KS at AK on your first AK day and not waste spending $$ on a ticket for only doing one ride and spending a few evening hours there on April 7th. Or skip SeaWorld...

You only have 2 FP planned each day? Is that intentional? If not, I would take advantage of the third!

I will share with you My Itinerary, done after much thought, so you have a few ideas. We're staying around the same quantity of dates, however, I in NYE week, so it's like crowds madness. Lol.

In our case, we're 2 adults, 1 a first-timer to Orlando...the other one is me, Orlando veteran. Lol.

27th December - Magic Kingdom Half-Day
1:30 pm - Lunch at SANAA
3:00 pm - Check In
4:30 pm - Big Thunder FP+
5:30 pm - Splash Mountain FP+
7:30 pm - Seven Dwarves FP+
8:30 pm - Dinner BOG

28th December - Sea World
Honestly, I would skit this if it was for me...but my partner has this on the "must-visit" list for nostalgic reasons. I haven't ridden any of the new rollercoasters so it will probably be a lot of fun.

29th December - Epcot
10:00 am - Test Track FP+
11:00 am - Mission Space FP+
12:00 am - Spaceship Earth FP+
3:00 pm - Lunch CP Reservation
6:45 pm - Candlelight Processional
10:30 pm - Illumnations: RoE

30th December - Animal Kingdom / Magic Kingdom
9:00 am - Kilimanjaro FP+
10:00 am - Everest FP+
12:35 am - FoP FP+
10:15 pm - Fantasy in the Sky NYEE Dessert Party

31st December - No Park Day / FoP repeat Day / Countdown to Midnight
It is planned as a no parks day, however, if wanted, I have scored FP+ for an AK morning, including FoP.
7:00 pm - Countdown to Midnight

1st January - FoP AK Repeat / Magic Kingdom
10:00 am - FoP FP+ (Reason why this is an AK day)
11:00 am - Kilimanjaro FP+
12:30 pm - Festival of the Lion King FP+
Hop to Magic Kingdom whenever we want.
7:00 pm - HEA Dessert Party

2nd January - Hollywood Studios
7:30 am - EMM Toy Story Land
10:30 am - Star Tours FP+
11:30 am - Tower of Terror
7:20 pm - Fantasmic! FP+
Didn't get RoRC because we've ridden it in Disneyland Paris.

My suggestion is don't fix actual times for the FP+, just go with "morning, afternoon or evening" because it might get all changed when your FP+ window opens up, it happened to me and had to alter the plan a little bit.

I would FP KS at AK on your first AK day and not waste spending $$ on a ticket for only doing one ride and spending a few evening hours there on April 7th. Or skip SeaWorld...

We are doing a FP for it on the first day but also doing it later on in the week because I want to ride it once during the day and once at night.
Sea World is a must for us because I really want to see the dolphins! :) We will probably just walk around and do a lot of shopping for the rest of the night. We don't really get a lot of Disney merch in Australia so we plan to shop big! haha

I will share with you My Itinerary, done after much thought, so you have a few ideas. We're staying around the same quantity of dates, however, I in NYE week, so it's like crowds madness. Lol.

In our case, we're 2 adults, 1 a first-timer to Orlando...the other one is me, Orlando veteran. Lol.

My suggestion is don't fix actual times for the FP+, just go with "morning, afternoon or evening" because it might get all changed when your FP+ window opens up, it happened to me and had to alter the plan a little bit.

Thanks! Thats really helpful

When you are wanting a FP for Fantasmic, keep in mind that is very easy to get a fastpass for the day of as your 4th FP. Pre-plan 3 fastpasses for any of the other attractions then use the app to get Fantasmic after you have used your first 3.

Have a great time! :)

I would get a FP for Expidition Everest on your AK day.
For your HS day I would get a FP for Tower of Terror and RocknRollercoaster. I would not get one for Fantasmic except for maybe as a 4th FP.
I would get a FP for Spaceship Earth at Epcot and maybe Living with the Land.

I would have ry toboom 3 FP at every park if you can.

When you are wanting a FP for Fantasmic, keep in mind that is very easy to get a fastpass for the day of as your 4th FP. Pre-plan 3 fastpasses for any of the other attractions then use the app to get Fantasmic after you have used your first 3.

Have a great time! :)

Ooh okay, I'll do that. thanks!!

I would get a FP for Expidition Everest on your AK day.
For your HS day I would get a FP for Tower of Terror and RocknRollercoaster. I would not get one for Fantasmic except for maybe as a 4th FP.
I would get a FP for Spaceship Earth at Epcot and maybe Living with the Land.

I would have ry toboom 3 FP at every park if you can.

Does Expedition Everest go backwards? I'm not super adventurous when it comes to rides. I'm feeling nervous about Splash Mountain because that drop looks bloody massive but I'm going to brave it!!

I haven't done 3 FPs for every day only because I'm not too sure what we would like to go on. I had a browse through the website and picked out "must do's" and rides I've heard a lot about and I was planning to just wing it for everything else but I'll look into the other rides you suggested!

Ooh okay, I'll do that. thanks!!

Does Expedition Everest go backwards? I'm not super adventurous when it comes to rides. I'm feeling nervous about Splash Mountain because that drop looks bloody massive but I'm going to brave it!!

I haven't done 3 FPs for every day only because I'm not too sure what we would like to go on. I had a browse through the website and picked out "must do's" and rides I've heard a lot about and I was planning to just wing it for everything else but I'll look into the other rides you suggested!

It does go backwards in the dark in a spiral...it's not long, not bad. Even though you're not sure what you'd like to go on still make those 3 fastpasses because you won't be able to make any the day of until you use those three. Even if you decide not to go on it after the time window on your third is up you'll be able to make more.

It does go backwards in the dark in a spiral...it's not long, not bad. Even though you're not sure what you'd like to go on still make those 3 fastpasses because you won't be able to make any the day of until you use those three. Even if you decide not to go on it after the time window on your third is up you'll be able to make more.

In the dark AND in a spiral?! Definitely sounds like a no from me hahaha.
I didn't realise we could still get more FPs more even if we didn't actually use the ones we had booked, thats great to know! I may just book us in for all the "scary" rides that I know my fiance will probably want to ride once there and I won't feel so bad if I chicken out then!

In the dark AND in a spiral?! Definitely sounds like a no from me hahaha.
I didn't realise we could still get more FPs more even if we didn't actually use the ones we had booked, thats great to know! I may just book us in for all the "scary" rides that I know my fiance will probably want to ride once there and I won't feel so bad if I chicken out then!

I still refuse to do Tower of Terror but my mom and bf love it so I just get three fastpasses and wait for them at the bottom LOL. I'm not a big coaster person either but I do love Everest and highly suggest giving it a shot :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter