How's the rollout of MagicMobile going?

Make sure that "Express Mode" is turned on. It should be on by default.

That was my problem the first time I used my phone. The CM took the time to show me how to turn it on so it will work next time. I think I turned it off (and a lot of other functions), in case it slowed down my phone for getting a BG. I just forgot to turn it back on.

For the watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone, scroll down and tap Wallet and Apple Pay. Tap the Disney MagicMobile Pass. The Express Mode setting is below the barcode.

Reactions: JWG
Make sure that "Express Mode" is turned on. It should be on by default.

On your iPhone, select your Disney Pass in the Wallet App and then touch the circle with the 3 dots at the top left. The Express Mode setting is beneath the QR code.

Don't know how to access the setting on an Apple Watch since mine is a Series 0 and not supported. Apple Watch Series 3 or later is required for Disney MagicMobile.

Thank you for this! I checked and both my iPhone and Apple Watch have it defaulted!

Last edited:

Have a magical trip, and please don’t forget to let us know how it works, good and bad!
Well, so far 50%. First evening at MK, watch tapped in immediately with pink circle and “welcome home”. Yesterday at DHS, no go with watch or phone. Also confirmed watch will not open room door even after having done so with phone. Additionally would not get me through gate at OKW -no “self service” gate, guard scans with handheld device and needed a MB. Will have a few more chances to pass a park gate so we will see. I do like the convenience of the watch instead of the MB, and in a mask centric place like WDW the “unlock phone with watch” feature of the new iOS/watch OS is terrific.

Attachments

• 63C01179-1FAF-4C42-A9E8-111D111686E2.jpeg
    63C01179-1FAF-4C42-A9E8-111D111686E2.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 7
Well, so far 50%. First evening at MK, watch tapped in immediately with pink circle and “welcome home”. Yesterday at DHS, no go with watch or phone. Also confirmed watch will not open room door even after having done so with phone. Additionally would not get me through gate at OKW -no “self service” gate, guard scans with handheld device and needed a MB. Will have a few more chances to pass a park gate so we will see. I do like the convenience of the watch instead of the MB, and in a mask centric place like WDW the “unlock phone with watch” feature of the new iOS/watch OS is terrific.
When Express Mode on the watch initially failed, did you double tap the side button to open the wallet and bring up the QR code and scan that too? I’m not surprised it works intermittently - that’s why I’ll carry a MB puck in my bag.

Curious, has anyone been using this on an android phone or watch? As it just rolled out for that platform, wondered how it was working.
any preference to using the app over a MB?

So stupid question: if it fails on both watch and phone, and you don't have a Magic Band, what do you do?
Actually good question: I carry my AP card and ID in my iPhone wallet case.
When Express Mode on the watch initially failed, did you double tap the side button to open the wallet and bring up the QR code and scan that too? I’m not surprised it works intermittently - that’s why I’ll carry a MB puck in my bag.
I did not do the “double tap”. As for the QR, I wonder if the “plaid” can scan that with their device if you have no other ticket media? It’s in there for some reason.

I did not do the “double tap”. As for the QR, I wonder if the “plaid” can scan that with their device if you have no other ticket media? It’s in there for some reason.
If you double tap the side bar to open the wallet on your watch, then scroll to your AP and tap that, it will bring up a QR code which you can scan. Someone on one of the MagicMobile threads was doing that routinely - they hadn't enabled the Express Mode.

If you double tap the side bar to open the wallet on your watch, then scroll to your AP and tap that, it will bring up a QR code which you can scan. Someone on one of the MagicMobile threads was doing that routinely - they hadn't enabled the Express Mode.
So I have passed the entrance gate 4 times now, 3 no problem, pink circle, “welcome home” and one no go with watch or phone (although only attempting via express mode). I did ask a plaid today about the QR code. If you have difficulty tapping in, they have the ability using a hand held device - many “gate plaids” seem to carry an iPad - to optically scan the QR code like you do for a restaurant and check your ticket status. Overall I like the integration and it will be great when charging the room is an added feature.

Curious, has anyone been using this on an android phone or watch? As it just rolled out for that platform, wondered how it was working.
any preference to using the app over a MB?
Android. Worked like a charm April 29-May 3. No more MB for me.

I never got an Apple Watch, I, personally, don't think it would be an advantage in my daily life. I have a friend that loves his, though.

It's one of those things that doesn't appeal until you get one (if you're on iPhone) I went years without one but last couple of trips I remember saying I wish magic band was available as an app so I didn't have to wear both. From what I read on magic mobile usage on the Apple Watch it should basically mimic a magic band. There's no unlocking or pulling up the app...supposedly. I don't get to try it out for about 80 days

From what I read on magic mobile usage on the Apple Watch it should basically mimic a magic band. There's no unlocking or pulling up the app...supposedly.
As long as "Express Mode" is enabled (which it is by default), all you have to do is hold either your iPhone or Apple Watch up to the reader.

It's one of those things that doesn't appeal until you get one (if you're on iPhone) I went years without one but last couple of trips I remember saying I wish magic band was available as an app so I didn't have to wear both. From what I read on magic mobile usage on the Apple Watch it should basically mimic a magic band. There's no unlocking or pulling up the app...supposedly. I don't get to try it out for about 80 days
As long as "Express Mode" is enabled (which it is by default), all you have to do is hold either your iPhone or Apple Watch up to the reader.
Yep, we’ve used our Apple watches as MBs to enter the parks 3 times now without a hitch. DH has his MB puck in a Magic Keeper on a lanyard for opening the room door and resort gates, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter