HRH Room options-opinions wanted

NCRedding

I've strayed
Cast of characters: Me DH (both 40) DD (10). First trip staying onsite at Universal. Going 9/29-10/2. Our options: pool view $140 a night; Deluxe $155( through Entertainment) or Club room $220 (through hotelkingdom.com). I've never stayed at concierge/club level before. Would it be worth the $195 difference for the perks offered over the Deluxe room. Also has anyone had problems with hotelkingdom?

I booked our club room through hotelkingdom and have run into some problems. I booked 7 days club level and received an email confirmation noting the weeklong stay from hotelkingdom. I called HRH to verify that we indeed did have a room - I had visions-more aptly-nightmares about the Joneses arriving bags in hand only to find that the hotel was sold out and we'd be ushered into a cabana! Luckily, I called the HRH and they had us down for only 5 days. I contacted hotelkingdom who said they would send a fax to HRH informing them of their mistake. Well, a few weeks went by and I called the HRH to verify the changes and you guessed it, they had us down still for 5 days. I immediately called hotelkingdom and explained that the problem had not been taken care of and I was getting anxious. A very pleasant gentlemen helped me and said he'd sort the problem out. He called back and indicated that the mistake had been fixed and followed up with an email. I assumed it had been fixed yet hadn't called HRH to verify. So as I was writing this reply, I called HRH and although they had us down for 7 days, they also had us booked in two additional rooms for the last two days!(3 CLUB ROOMS!!!!!) I am awaiting a call back from hotelkingdom!!!! So, if you book via the internet, be prepared to follow up! I will post a report on the club room. We are going on the 10th April - 17th! And can't wait!

I ARRIVED AT THE HRH ON 03/25/02. BOOKED THROUGH
HOTELKINGDOM.COM.

WHEN WE ARRIVED THEY DID NOT HAVE THE ROOM READY THAT
I HAD BOOKED. (GARDEN VIEW)

THEY PUT US IN A DELUXE AND GAVE US A ROLLAWAY BED.
DID NOT GET CHARGED FOR THE BED.
THE ROOM WAS NICE.

I DID NOT HAVE PROBLEM ONE WITH HOTELKINGDOM.COM.

I WILL USE THEM AGAIN.

THE PLACE WAS FULLY BOOKED. EVERYTHING WENT WELL.

NOT MUCH ROOM AT THE POOL THOUGH!!!!

JAW

I second the advice to follow up on reservations made via the internet. I had a similar problem with the Hard Rock Hotel when I booked a room through Quikbook. I believe the problem is on the hotel's end; they put down the wrong information from the reservation Quikbook faxed them. I did have to call the hotel many times over several days and have Quikbook refax the reservation in order to straighten out the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter