HS holiday questions. . .

jimim

DIS Veteran
hey everyone. . .

we are going with family this year for TG. HS. . . to see the light show on TOT do we need an additional night to also see Jingle Bam? I assume yes. . .

so that night mean 3 nights in HS for all 3 shows if we want to see them all with good seating. . . and then a fourth to hit SDD at night! 4 nights of my 9 nights then?

no big deal if need be. was just wondering. We never seen either of the holiday shows. . . wait we saw the one on the theatre the first year they had it but i know we didn't see the one on TOT I know.

thanks for the info!

jim

Yeah, seeing the projections on the Tower of Terror can be whenever you want. They are really cool and it snows there, too.

You will need a night for Fantasmic! and a night for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam but I bet you could get SDD in on one of those nights, too.

hey everyone. . .

we are going with family this year for TG. HS. . . to see the light show on TOT do we need an additional night to also see Jingle Bam? I assume yes. . .

You can see all of the Sunset Seasons shorts in 20 minutes or so, will not impact your ability to see the 2 night time shows. You could do 3 of the 4 in one night. Will have to choose b/t JBJB and Fantasmic.

Ok thanks all. I got it now. We can’t do fantasmic and jbjb in one night. We tried that with Star Wars and it didn’t work out.

But I gotcha on the tot show. We can do that and sdd one night and then I guess use 2 other nights for the other 2 shows. No way I’m going to be able to get my parents to move that fast. Lol

So that would be 3 nights of 8 let’s say. A night for rol at akl. They didn’t see it yet. My wife likes it also. Mk for fireworks. 5 nights. That leaves 3 nights for downtown to chill out or parks for night riding which we really enjoy.

Jim

Ok thanks all. I got it now. We can’t do fantasmic and jbjb in one night. We tried that with Star Wars and it didn’t work out.

But I gotcha on the tot show. We can do that and sdd one night and then I guess use 2 other nights for the other 2 shows. No way I’m going to be able to get my parents to move that fast. Lol

So that would be 3 nights of 8 let’s say. A night for rol at akl. They didn’t see it yet. My wife likes it also. Mk for fireworks. 5 nights. That leaves 3 nights for downtown to chill out or parks for night riding which we really enjoy.

Jim
Heavily rumored that Illuminations may be leaving soon plus they have a special holiday tag at the end of the current show that I just love.

Only mentioning that because you don't have an Epcot evening in your itinerary mentioned.

Jim

I'm not sure when you are going, but, when we went the week before Christmas last year, we saw the ToT projections, JBJB and the Star Wars fireworks all in one night. If you add SDD to that or add SDD to a Fantasmic night, you really only need 2 nights in DHS.

hey everyone. . .

so that night mean 3 nights in HS for all 3 shows if we want to see them all with good seating. . . and then a fourth to hit SDD at night! 4 nights of my 9 nights then?

no big deal if need be. was just wondering. We never seen either of the holiday shows. . . wait we saw the one on the theatre the first year they had it but i know we didn't see the one on TOT I know.

thanks for the info!

jim

What is SDD?

I just looked for the week we are there, and there is no schedule on the Disney site for Star Wars past November 5th just yet.

Keep in mind, the Star Wars show starting back up mid December in 2016 and 2017 coincided with the releases of Rogue One and The Last Jedi. There will not be a December Star Wars movie this year, so I wouldn't count on both shows running this year.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, the Star Wars show starting back up mid December in 2017 and 2018 coincided with the releases of Rogue One and The Last Jedi. There will not be a December Star Wars movie this year, so I wouldn't count on both shows running this year.

Only time will tell. With the increase in crowds that week and the increase in MVMCP parties with no "free" fireworks in MK, I think the Star Wars show was also a way to take in a lot of those overflow crowds. How knows. Only thing to do is to keep watching that calendar!

Keep in mind, the Star Wars show starting back up mid December in 2017 and 2018 coincided with the releases of Rogue One and The Last Jedi. There will not be a December Star Wars movie this year, so I wouldn't count on both shows running this year.
We were in DHS last year on the day of the release of The Last Jedi and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam ran that night.

Now, the next night they had a hard ticket Star Wars event and they probably did the Star Wars show that night, but it was Christmas All the Way for regular park goers.

I think you meant 2016 and 2017
Keep in mind that 2016 they actually didn't have SWaGS to run at all during the holiday season, and very last minute they added it because of guest complaints. I also am in the camp that thinks that they will have it this year to spread the crowds around DHS during the busy holiday season But as with anything and everything Disney we will have to wait and see

Only time will tell. With the increase in crowds that week and the increase in MVMCP parties with no "free" fireworks in MK, I think the Star Wars show was also a way to take in a lot of those overflow crowds. How knows. Only thing to do is to keep watching that calendar!

We were the week after Thanksgiving last year. 3 MVMCP and a cast member party at MK, no SWaGS. I was heartbroken, so hopeful they would keep it the entire season due to guest complaints, but instead they jacked up JBJB. Very much enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter