• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HS - Show fatigue? Kids are 4 and 6.

Carla1183

Mouseketeer
My kids are 4 and 6. Right now looking over plans and it feels like it's basically Toy story Mania + alllll the shows.
With kids this age, do they get fatigue from going from show to show and having to sit down, vs doing rides or things where they can run around more? I know they aren't exactly quiet theater outings, but still!
I have Frozen, Indiana Jones, Little Mermaid, B&B, and Fantasmic.

We think they'll be too scared for ToT, they aren't into Star Wars at all (we'll probably tour Launch bay, but not really pursuing M&Gs there or doing Jedi training or anything). Not tall enough for RnR.

I've made it a half day, so 1-8 its like show, show, show, show, ride, show, show. What's everyone's experience?

Depends on your kids. My kids like shows, and did even at that age. There's Muppet 3D, Start Tours, TSMM, then the shows. If you kids don't like shows at all, then they'll be bored after a little while.

Must do shows for my son (age 4) are Disney Jr, Frozen and F!
He loves Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, hanging out in Launch Bay, meeting Star Wars characters, Woody & Buzz, Sorcerer Mickey and DJ characters.

Oh yeah, we'll add in the Woody and Buzz meet, need to look at that!
They won't care about Disney Junior, the only characters they care about from there are Lion Guard and lately Vampirina, and neither of them are involved ;) (Now if there was a Descendants show, we'd be FIRST in line!! We're making sure to stay for Fantasmic just to see Maleficent!)

I know Indy prob isn't totally for their age, but it's one of the few things DH and I remember from childhood visits so we want to do it for us!

I’ve never tried Indy, Muppets or Beauty & the Beast with DS. He may like them. But as you say it’s so hard to fit everything in!

I think it depends on your kids, but making it a half day park it probably a good bet -- we're doing the same for our upcoming trip. If the kids are into characters, I would definitely see some of those.

When we took my 4 and 6 year old nieces this past June they kept asking where all the rides were at HS. They LOVED TSMM, the Frozen show, and the Dis Jr show and meeting those characters (+ Olaf!), but were otherwise bored. No interest in Star Wars stuff, too little/scared for ToT and were ready to go back to the pool to go swimming after about 3 hours. We didn't even make it to Fantasmic and we started at 1pm. They just didn't seem interested in the HS offerings.

My kids are 4 and 7 and they loved DHS! We were there from our PPO breakfast to after Fantasmic. We saw every show except Little Mermaid which they wanted to see, we just couldn't fit in. Our only rides were Toy Story (x3) and Star Tours. I didn't even think we'd make it to dinner based on the "half day park" comments here so we were very pleasantly surprised!

My son was 4 last trip to DHS ..
Star Tours, TSMM, Launch Bay, Star Wars show. March of the First Order .. all enough for at least half day there with a toddler. As a Star Wars fan, Launch Bay was a decent chunk of time even though he was scared of the character meets.
On other trips he's enjoyed Muppets and Disney Junior.

I wanted to get him in Indiana Jones, but the show was full and we had plans to hop over to MK after lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter