Huge favour to ask of someone visiting DLP soon...

carlins_leap

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Hope everyone is feeling treeemendous today. I wanted to ask a big, huge, massive favor from someone who will be visiting DLP soon.

We go to DLP quite a bit – myself, my wife and our three daughters - and we’re booked in at the Hotel Santa Fe for the end of May this year.

The favour I wanted to ask is for our youngest little princess. She is 4 years old and she is literally nuts about everything Disney! If we’re not playing with one of her vast collection of Disney toys, we’re watching a Disney film...or singing a Disney song...or watching our home movies from DLP....or watching YouTube videos of other peoples trips....or watching ride on videos and pretending we’re on the rides...you get the idea :)

She had a small bleed to the brain when she was born 10 weeks prematurely and has some special needs with mobility meaning she can’t walk yet. She doesn’t get around as much as children the same age as her, so we spend a lot of time together at home being complete "Disney geeks" :)
Her experiences at Disneyland Paris (and the excitement with preparations for our trips) have been a huge inspiration. When we ask her how she has learned something new, e.g a new "trick" when standing up against the sofa, she is adamant that Mickey or Donald or sometimes even Jack Skellington told her how :)

For some time, I’ve been writing to our youngest in the guise of every Disney character I can think of – just quick notes to encourage her with things like physiotherapy, etc and to get her excited about the next trip we’re almost always planning lol...I’ve had an idea about something else I’d really like to try to get her even more excited about our next trip to DLP.

One of he favourite Disney films is Toy Story and she firmly believes that some of her toys come alive when we’re not around. I thought it would be a brilliant idea to have one of her favourite dolls (probably her Jack Skellington doll) "disappear" but leave her a note. The note would say something from Jack like "I was missing Disneyland Paris so much, that I decided to head off there alone, go on some rides and meet you at your hotel"......

This is where I wanted to ask for help from someone visiting DLP soon.
Is anyone visiting DLP soon who’d be willing to take the Jack doll and take a couple of photos of him sat in somewhere in DLP and email them to me? I’d post the Jack doll with pre-paid postage (and anything else required) for his return before the end of May.

My plan would be to use the photos to send a letter to our DD from Jack (like a postcard) and when we arrive at the Santa Fe in May, sneak Jack into our room so she thinks that he’s been there waiting for us.

I know it’s a huge ask as I know how busy and jam-packed trips to DLP can be, but if anyone could help out I would be extremely grateful!
Thanks for taking the time to read this, please send me a message if you may be able to help me out with this

Thanks again
Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm rather older than your little princess but I'd love to receive letters from the Disney characters! :rotfl:

I think this sounds like a really exciting idea (I hope your daughter won't miss Jack too much while he's on his holiday!) and if I was able, I'd have had lots of fun taking photos of Jack having a great time around the parks for you. Unfortunately, as we're heading off first thing on Friday morning, there's not enough time for him to join us but I hope you manage to find someone who can help :goodvibes

Good luck :)

What a great idea. If you don't get any sooner offers we would love to do it. We go 10th April. We're slightly crazy ourselves and complete Disney geeks.!! And would enjoy the challenge. I remember when my daughter was younger we had the school travelling bear, he had great fun at DLP!.
Both of my children have health problems with plenty of hospital visits/stays/operations so totally get where you're coming from.
Hope he's well behaved and has his passport ready ! :)

Hi Steve !

What a great idea !

We are leaving on March 30th for a 7 day stay and of course we could help you but I live in Germany and I guess it could be to late for shipping Jack to us ?

If you will find nobody who is living closer....I am happy to help.

Thorsten

Awww what a wonderful idea! We've taken a cuddily 'friend' from school with us so are used to doing special extra photos, but I don't think we're there at the right time for you! We're there for one day on the 22nd May, but won't be back in the UK until 31st!!

Best of luck though!!

C x

What a lovely idea! Have you sorted anything yet? We are off on Sunday so if you haven't organised anything yet let me know as I would be happy to do it for you. I'm in central bedfordshire so you could send jack via Royal Mail if not near enough lol. X

What a lovely thing to do Steve. I would love to help out and I have a new camera I want to experiment with so it'd give me a great excuse ;-) We are going 5th - 10th May if that's any good?

We also have friends staying at Santa Fe so I am sure they will be happy to take an in room pic or 2 to help.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Thank you to everyone who offered to help out - Cherrymarzipan has very kindly offered to do this for us :)
Last night was so amazing - I sent our youngest a letter from Tinkerbell who had a message that her Jack Skellington had as for some Pixie Dust so he coul fly off to DLP.
She was a little upset at first, but that changed to excitement and she'd soon packed Jack a bag ready for him to leave :)

I'll post some pics of the Jack photos and letters to our youngest Princess.
Thanks again everyone.
Steve

So, Jack has packed his bags and set off from our house :)

Our youngest Princess was a little upset at first, but she soon got excited enough to pack him a couple of things and help mummy make Jack a passport....she was especially excited to hear that as well as sending some photos and letters from his holiday, Jack would try and get her a small gift for when we arrive at the Hotel Santa Fe :)

She was pretty adamant that Jack only needed a snack, some money and a passport (I tried to give him less money, but our princess told me it wasn't enough :) )
Thanks again to Cheerymarzipan for your amazing help with this!!!

Jacks Passport.jpg Jack ready to go.jpg

Hi everyone,
Jack's been having a fantastic holiday so far and has sent lots of selfie pictures to keep us updated (and make us very jealous indeed!!!)
He's been on our youngest princesses favourite Ratatouille ride as well as being scared in Phantom Manor...he's also watched Disney Dreams several times....we think he's so lucky!

He's promised to send more and more pictures :)

Massive thanks again to Cherrymarzipan!!!
image8.jpeg

image5.jpeg image1.jpeg

This is so nice, I bet your little princess can't wait for more updates from Jack :)

This is fab, what a great idea and what a lovely person you are Cherry :goodvibes

Jack looks so pleased with himself on his DLP holiday :thumbsup2

Fantastic pictures !

Hope to see more.

A big WOW to Cherrymarzipan !

:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter