• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Huge increase with Fall incentives!

Still not sure whether to sign or not. Guide would not give either Oct or Dec use year, so I would not get the 2022 points. Should those points be a dealbreaker? Although it's still a great deal, I'm not sure if I should wait for Poly2. I only have one shot and want to make sure I get it right. If Poly2 is a new association, it would likely have 50 years which may be worth the extra cost of those points for almost 10 extra years.

VGF wasn't enough to tempt me into my first direct contract. Resale at Bay Lake is just still too cheap right now. When Poly2 and Fort Wilderness Cabins open though, that might change things. Though my guess is we may see similar deals around that time.

Didn't buy, no regrets. We will be riding out our 240 pt. OKW contracts into the sunset.
This is the way!

When did you buy in on OKW? I love staying there but never bought there and always felt like it was the most vacation home like resort. Given the new incentives aren't that good and a I got some money coming...maybe its time to get the oldies but goodie resorts another look!

Still not sure whether to sign or not. Guide would not give either Oct or Dec use year, so I would not get the 2022 points. Should those points be a dealbreaker? Although it's still a great deal, I'm not sure if I should wait for Poly2. I only have one shot and want to make sure I get it right. If Poly2 is a new association, it would likely have 50 years which may be worth the extra cost of those points for almost 10 extra years.
Why would the guide not give you October or December UY?

No regrets! We bought resale in January, hadn’t thought I would want to buy anything direct for quite a while because the resale price plus tgat particular contract had carry over from 2021 and 2022 so we jumped in with a LOT of points and have been 5 times since April. But had a change of heart looking at the summer sale. So we added 150 VGF, and took advantage of magical beginning plus welcome home ( i think that’s what it is, when you have a trip already booked).

It helped that we toured VGF spur of the moment in June, because if my husband hadn’t seen the rooms and loved them, I might’ve not been able to convince him lol

This is the way!

When did you buy in on OKW? I love staying there but never bought there and always felt like it was the most vacation home like resort. Given the new incentives aren't that good and a I got some money coming...maybe its time to get the oldies but goodie resorts another look!
We bought the first 190 resale contract in 2006, and of course this was before there were any restrictions or differences between direct and resale. We've had SSR and BWV contracts in the past and have sold them off and bought another 50 pt OKW resale in 2020 and decided that we are done. In 2042 I'll be 88 my DW 83 and the grand princesses will be in their late 20's......It'll be a good run at the end.
PS still my favorite resort and our kids have fond memories to this day and they're in their mid 30's.

Why would the guide not give you October or December UY?
He just said Disney wouldn't do that. He wouldn't budge. I figured it was the last day and they were getting ready for the price increase. So seeing the new incentives today, I know it's not better but somehow I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger. I guess part of me was planning to buy because it was such a great deal. I wasn't really in the market to buy more until the deal seemed irresistible, but maybe I can resist?? But maybe with no points coming until June, makes it a bit less exciting.

He just said Disney wouldn't do that. He wouldn't budge. I figured it was the last day and they were getting ready for the price increase. So seeing the new incentives today, I know it's not better but somehow I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger. I guess part of me was planning to buy because it was such a great deal. I wasn't really in the market to buy more until the deal seemed irresistible, but maybe I can resist?? But maybe with no points coming until June, makes it a bit less exciting.
It's probably because they don't have 2022 points left to sell. Disney already moved those points to the cash reservation system... especially if no one could budge and make an exception.

It's probably because they don't have 2022 points left to sell. Disney already moved those points to the cash reservation system... especially if no one could budge and make an exception.

this was meant for @cigarboo , sorry

Just got 2022 pts last week and we have still not signed. The guide must not want to "rock the boat" and ask for an exception. I know a couple of others on this forum that also got Oct or Dec in the past week. If you WANT VGF and that UY, then push back. I dont know how it works exactly, but maybe a new guide can switch things around for you or can rewrite it. I can ask my guide if u want to send me a PM i'll forward his info.

No idea how it work internally since 1 guide already wrote you a contract.

this was meant for @cigarboo , sorry

Just got 2022 pts last week and we have still not signed. The guide must not want to "rock the boat" and ask for an exception. I know a couple of others on this forum that also got Oct or Dec in the past week. If you WANT VGF and that UY, then push back. I dont know how it works exactly, but maybe a new guide can switch things around for you or can rewrite it. I can ask my guide if u want to send me a PM i'll forward his info.

No idea how it work internally since 1 guide already wrote you a contract

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter