Huge NFL fans, would you...

lklgoodman

DIS Veteran
Book a cruise during the Super Bowl? I know the game will be shown on the ship. We usually cruise in Jan, so I've seen the play off games on the ship before. Last year I sadly sat in O' Gills with all the Chief fans as they beat the Colts. I was thinking about booking the Fantasy Feb. 6, 2021 but then realized that the Sunday of the cruise is Super Bowl Sunday, it will be a sea day. I can't decide if I would enjoy watching the Super Bowl on the ship or not. My dh and dd don't watch football, so they don't care. It won't matter what teams are in the game, I will watch it. So those that have cruised during the SB, did you enjoy the atmosphere on the ship or not.

We did and it was AWESOME! We got to watch on the pool deck on a giant screen and it was a great atmosphere with lots of good food. This was on a long Carnival cruise and they really went all out. I hope/imagine DCL would do something too!

Too bad you don't know at this point who will be playing. If I were a real fan of one of the teams I would get peeved if others on the ship were cheering for the other team.

To answer your question, I would rather cruise when there isn't a major sports event competing for my time at sea.

Too bad you don't know at this point who will be playing. If I were a real fan of one of the teams I would get peeved if others on the ship were cheering for the other team.

To answer your question, I would rather cruise when there isn't a major sports event competing for my time at sea.

See, the competing for my time is one thing that concerns me. The rest of my family would give me grief about watching the game instead of doing stuff on the ship, which I kinda agree with, but I'm a HUGE NFL fan. It didn't bother me watching with the Chief fans, now if it was with Pat's fans it'd be a different story!!!

I would go for sure! I hadn’t cruised during Super Bowl, but cruised during NBA finals and most evenings they had the game on Funnel Vision as well as pub and room TVs. I would imagine they’d do the same for Super Bowl. Curious to hear from others who have cruised during the big game too.

When I've sailed during the Super Bowl it has been a really fun environment. It was being shown in multiple places (different fans in different areas), there was a nice food spread including a custom super bowl cake, and activities that appeal to sports fans and non-sports fans alike.

See, the competing for my time is one thing that concerns me. The rest of my family would give me grief about watching the game instead of doing stuff on the ship, which I kinda agree with, but I'm a HUGE NFL fan. It didn't bother me watching with the Chief fans, now if it was with Pat's fans it'd be a different story!!!
Don’t worry. You won’t be with chiefs fans watching the SB. They’ll never make it😂😂

We have sailed during 2 Super Bowls and 2 World Series. We were on the ship during the infamous Patriots win. They have the game on in the Pub, funnel Vision, Promenade lounge and in your Stateroom. Lots of food everywhere. It was electric. Most fans wear their team jersey or hats, even if they are not playing.
When KC beat the Mets the ship was full of KC fans. I wore my METS hat everywhere. It was the EBPC cruise and it was also fun. Had trouble getting the World Series on the TV in the PUB during college football Saturday. No one was interested in the WS except a few of us. When the Dodgers played we watched most of it in the pub and in the cabin.

Last edited:
Most people on the ship will be watching the Super Bowl. There’s not much going on at that hour except dinner. Most venues will have the game on. Pool will be closed for the game. The pool area will be a turned into a seating area where food and drinks are available. They really gear that day towards game. Your family will be the oddballs for not being interested

Most people on the ship will be watching the Super Bowl. There’s not much going on at that hour except dinner. Most venues will have the game on. Pool will be closed for the game. The pool area will be a turned into a seating area where food and drinks are available. They really gear that day towards game. Your family will be the oddballs for not being interested
Oh, good!! Thanks for letting me know that!

We have watched the game on the Fantasy! It was awesome! I have to say if my team were in the Super Bowl, I'm not sure I would want to be on the ship. I need to hear every call LOL! With that being said, I don't think I would. cancel my trip if they were. We sat in the bar there was food and I never had to get up to refill my beer! Great memories!

We were on the ship for the Super Bowl this year. While I was not personally interested in the game, it was apparent that a lot of people are. The pool deck is all set up with chairs to watch the game on Funnel Vision as well as being available in several other locations.

The funniest part is that we were watching "Believe" in the Walt Disney Theatre that night, and when the Genie pops up at one point during the show, he gave us an update on the score. The crowd erupted and it was hilarious because it was just impeccable timing and totally in character for the Genie.

We've done two Super Bowl sailings on DCL, on the Wonder. We love it. That night is all about the game. Everyone is in the spirit, lots of friendly rivalry. They can't show the commercials so the onboard "ref" in the promenade lounge does trivia during the breaks. That's also where they have an amazing spread of food themed for whatever teams are playing. One time they forgot to cut the cake. Eventually passengers lost their minds and just started digging into it with anything they could find, lol. They also show the game on funnel vision as others mentioned.

Ok, you all have convinced me to book the Fantasy 2021 cruise during it(depending on price). Now if the Pat's are in it and win it, I may jump overboard!!!!😝

Ok, you all have convinced me to book the Fantasy 2021 cruise during it(depending on price). Now if the Pat's are in it and win it, I may jump overboard!!!!😝
Given the rate that the Pats make the Super Bowl, I think it's only fair that we not hold you to that promise.

We are big NFL fans and I think I would go ahead and book the cruise. We watch every year, but how special to see the game in such a unique setting? And you know you don't have to go to work the next day!

I would love it. We have watched NBA finals, college basketball, , foOtball playoffs, and the academy awards on ships. It’s so much fun to be around sports and movie fans,

We have (on Magic) and it was so much fun... did have to miss dinner in the MDR though. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter