HUGE TIP...Please read before you go!

jodyo

Earning My Ears
We are just back and while at Disney we lost two of our tickets. I don't know how, especially because we are so careful but it did happen and we had no idea what to do. If we had bought the tickets at the hotel or in Disney and had the receipt they could've tracked them down and issued us new ones. But I bought from connections and their receipt has no helpful information. Anyway thank goodness we still had two tickets and found a wonderful person at our hotel conceirgewho really helped us out. She was on the phone forever with Disney Guest realtions and they finally tracked down our missing tickets based on the two I still had. So it cost us nothing. We thought we'd have to buy two new tickets. But anyway this took hours to do. My tip is to write down the series of numbers found on the back of your tickets. Disney can use these numbers to track them and if you loose them they can issue new ones. Because I ordered from a non-disney site this would have been impossible if we hadn't still had two of our tickets. From now on we will jot these numbers down and keep them in the hotel safe just in case!

I'm copying the serial numbers onto a page in my Passporter -- RIGHT NOW! I've also stuck the receipt that came from Florida Orlando Tickets into one of the pockets.

Thanks for this tip -- I have to forgetful boys - losing one of those tickets is a big nightmare for us!

I photocopy our passes and keep the copies in my luggage, just in case.

Wow..a great trip and so sorry about your trouble. You have helped many, many people here and I thank you for that....I am writing them down and keep the number to our park hoppers in our wallets. I also have another idea, besides the wallet and one other place I am emailing myself the number in our travel go.com account so it is somewhere else in case all our stuff is lost or something....then it is on line too for quick reference...:) :) :)

We always make sure to photocopy the backs of our passes and bring it with our receipt just in case. During one trip, we were leaving MK after MESP and I found a 5 day hopper on the ground, purchased THAT DAY! I immediately brought it to guest relations who told me that theere was no way for them to track the "owner" and that it would go into lost and found with all of the other passes found.... (He made it sound like this happens all the time and that these people were out of luck!) Glad it turned out better for you! A lesson to be learned by us all. Thanks for sharing!

Holly P

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks for the tip! :) One of the perks of having an AP is that if you lose it, they can just use your drivers license to look you up. :D

Glad to hear you were eventually able to sort everything out, Jodyo. We also take photocopies of our tickets with us, just in case.

So maybe having the passes also scanned to your room key is a good idea?
If you scan them, the tickets themselves can still be used right?

Hulabird:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

9 Days and counting til WDW/CBR!

carib01a.gif

Thanks for a great tip. Unfortunately, I lost my hopper this summer. I had no recourse, but there were just two days left - not a big financial hit. Next time I'll record the numbers.

Great tip for us all. Thanks for posting it.

A couple of years ago (the morning following MVMCP) our younger daughter realized that her hopper pass was missing. We went to Guest Relations at the Poly and they sent us to the Lost & Found area over at TTC near the kennels. Although her pass was not among the hundreds or thousands in the file boxes there, they gave us another way to get this pass replaced.
They sent us to the window at the entrance to TTC and the cast member was able to track the use of the pass, based on the usage of our other passes! I honestly cannot remember if we had the receipt, but apparently our DD's pass was a number between the remaining two we were using that trip. The CM was able to track every park we had entered for the entire trip! And she could see that the pass had not been used since entry into the MK the night before.
She canceled that pass and issued a new one with the correct number of days remaining. I was very happy about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter